User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Who knows maybe I kicked his dog or something
    Do you want it to be done or not?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Inside the top 10=left tackle

Outside the top 10=Nose Tackle or Cornerback. Wildcard would be QB.

We won't be picking below #15
    That's where I sit Top 10 (LT). Not sure there will be a shutdown guy coming out at CB in Top 15. NT & the #1 WR would be outside for me. I think the no later than #15 is pretty accurate unless there is a quick turnaround. You would think any QB you could tag "franchise" would be gone inside the Top 10 so personally I wouldn't be taking one in the 10-15 range if BB is on the roster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    honestly I could care less. If you want to continue going on that isn't my deal.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's just trying to be funny in his own Shawn way. Don't him serious or personal. You 2 need a hug

I think we all agree. Adams has potential. He has talent. He's underperformed like we all expected he might. We all hope he gets better cause man can he be a beast if he's mentally engaged like on the Bell TD run.

Losing blows!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll give you a pass...I think you misunderstood. You are way off. I'm not talking about switching sides RT-LT. It is the confidence I am talking about. Plugging Adams in at LT & letting him get run through before he was ready. The only thing annoying is your post since you didn't get the point. If you read...I did say "Unfortunately all of that is on Adams ". Now...You can step off your soapbox. Post wasn't bias towards Adams one way or the other. I am critical as much as I praise. I'm not going to sugar coat anything. Adams has to respond...Nobody else can fix that.
    What are you getting pissy for? I just disagreed with the prevailing opinion (that the switch of sides is a big factor in why he blows), that you happened to expressed. I don't know you/your comments from anyone else, and I was actually trying to show a little respect to a fellow fan/veteran poster. And despite my harsh critique of Adams, I'd love for him to prove me WRONG!

But he stinks. That is not likely to change, because he lacks a fundamental trait: he lacks mental toughness. The toughness it takes to push yourself to the limit (working out). He doesn't know what hard work is. Now... people will say, "All he needs is technique work. But anyone who's ever played sports knows, that technique goes out the window when other factors (e.g. stamina) come into play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

honestly I could care less. If you want to continue going on that isn't my deal.
    Shawn you said you were done & I said we will move on. Are we going to be men & put aside our differences...That's Your call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's just trying to be funny in his own Shawn way. Don't him serious or personal. You 2 need a hug

I think we all agree. Adams has potential. He has talent. He's underperformed like we all expected he might. We all hope he gets better cause man can he be a beast if he's mentally engaged like on the Bell TD run.

Losing blows!!!
    I do need a hug. You have a knack for knowing those kinds of things And I'm not mad at JPN...sometimes typed posts rub people the wrong way. It happens...life is too short. If we were sitting around chatting about Adams I doubt he would have gotten upset...its how guys chat about sports.

Anyways, I agree with you on Adams. I suppose that is why I was always so frustrated with him. I have been talking about the guy since he was a senior in HS. My dad loves OSU recruiting, and always wants to chat it up about certain players. Adams was one of those guys...the next Orlando Pace. So, we watched him...and made excuses for him early on. We kept waiting for him to bloom and come into his own. You could see the physical tools were there. There were even games where he would take your breath with a devastating block or two. He might even put together several games of playing really good ball. We would think...ok he has finally arrived. Then pfft...gives up 2 sacks...allows several pressures and gets little push in the run game. I have been waiting for a long long time for the light bulb to come on for this guy. I finally gave up after tattoo gate. I suppose that is why I have been so verbal about the guy. Its just frustrating to know a guy has the ability but will likely never realize it.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What are you getting pissy for? I just disagreed with the prevailing opinion (that the switch of sides is a big factor in why he blows), that you happened to expressed. I don't know you/your comments from anyone else, and I was actually trying to show a little respect to a fellow fan/veteran poster. And despite my harsh critique of Adams, I'd love for him to prove me WRONG!

But he stinks. That is not likely to change, because he lacks a fundamental trait: he lacks mental toughness. The toughness it takes to push yourself to the limit (working out). He doesn't know what hard work is. Now... people will say, "All he needs is technique work. But anyone who's ever played sports knows, that technique goes out the window when other factors (e.g. stamina) come into play.
    That isn't what I expressed. I expressed playing LT before he was ready hurt his confidence. He was playing on his heels. You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. That is the whole issue right now with Adams to see how he responds. But don't worry...If Adams is everything you say he is above he will be cut soon enough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I do need a hug. You have a knack for knowing those kinds of things And I'm not mad at JPN...sometimes typed posts rub people the wrong way. It happens...life is too short. If we were sitting around chatting about Adams I doubt he would have gotten upset...its how guys chat about sports.

Anyways, I agree with you on Adams. I suppose that is why I was always so frustrated with him. I have been talking about the guy since he was a senior in HS. My dad loves OSU recruiting, and always wants to chat it up about certain players. Adams was one of those guys...the next Orlando Pace. So, we watched him...and made excuses for him early on. We kept waiting for him to bloom and come into his own. You could see the physical tools were there. There were even games where he would take your breath with a devastating block or two. He might even put together several games of playing really good ball. We would think...ok he has finally arrived. Then pfft...gives up 2 sacks...allows several pressures and gets little push in the run game. I have been waiting for a long long time for the light bulb to come on for this guy. I finally gave up after tattoo gate. I suppose that is why I have been so verbal about the guy. Its just frustrating to know a guy has the ability but will likely never realize it.
    Good enough! I get the feeling "typed posts rub people the wrong way" is what I am suffering from.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good enough! I get the feeling "typed posts rub people the wrong way" is what I am suffering from.
    It's all good, certainly no hard feelings from me.
    Trolls are people too.