Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It won't happen, but I'd trade...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It won't happen, but I'd trade...

As the deadline is here, I'd trade any and all aging vets or guys in contract years. This team is not going to get turned around this season. And, I don't believe next season will be a dramatic improvement.

I'd put Troy, Keisel, Sanders, Heath (who will make around 10 million next season), Hood, Ike and Clark on the block to see if anyone was interested.

I'd entertain only fantastic offers for BB.

I'd even listen to offers for Woodley.

We need to get out of cap hell and rebuild this team the right way.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    As the deadline is here, I'd trade any and all aging vets or guys in contract years. This team is not going to get turned around this season. And, I don't believe next season will be a dramatic improvement.

I'd put Troy, Keisel, Sanders, Heath (who will make around 10 million next season), Hood, Ike and Clark on the block to see if anyone was interested.

I'd entertain only fantastic offers for BB.

I'd even listen to offers for Woodley.

We need to get out of cap hell and rebuild this team the right way.
    There goes my theory that we'd all keep Heath

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There goes my theory that we'd all keep Heath
    I don't want to trade Heath (in my heart). He is very valuable to this team. But, he is getting old and he is waaaaaay overpaid for next season. Some smart business decisions should be made to begin the rebuilding.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't want to trade Heath (in my heart). He is very valuable to this team. But, he is getting old and he is waaaaaay overpaid for next season. Some smart business decisions should be made to begin the rebuilding.
    How is Miller "waaaaaay overpaid"? Because I looked it up, and he signed a $35 million deal, which includes a $12m signing bonus back in 09. That doesn't seem unreasonable at all to me. Actually sounds like a pretty good deal, for a 6 year deal and a guy as proven as he is. Did he renegotiate?

Legend

User Info Menu

Next year won't be a dramatic improvement because the Steelers are fighting against 5 - 6 years of bad to downright horrible drafting. Too many 2nd tier players are starters or projects that never fully developed. One, possible 2 drafts can be recovered from but not year after year after year. Both O and D lines are filled with guys who were drafted 2 high or they have undrafted guys there.

I know the Steelers have never been big on bringing in too much outside help (with a few big exceptions) but it may be time to adjust the business model. Also, there's hope this year's draft reverses the trend and there are 3 if not 4 real players coming out of it (Bell, Jones, Thomas - never see Wheaton so tough to say).
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-29-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only guy who I could see having any potential of being moved at the deadline is Sanders, but I can't see him bringing in a 3rd or even a 4th in return. The Steelers had the chance to cash him in for a pick, and passed it up.

What would Hood bring in return? A conditional 7th?

As for the rest of the guys, their salary would make a move nearly impossible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The only guy who I could see having any potential of being moved at the deadline is Sanders, but I can't see him bringing in a 3rd or even a 4th in return. The Steelers had the chance to cash him in for a pick, and passed it up.

What would Hood bring in return? A conditional 7th?

As for the rest of the guys, their salary would make a move nearly impossible.
    ..and this is why we are screwed. Baltimore shed Heap, Mason, a DE and McGahee in 2011 and we laughed at them.

We doubled down on an old bunch IMO and we are paying the price.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

........This team is not going to get turned around this season. And, I don't believe next season will be a dramatic improvement...We need to get out of cap hell and rebuild this team the right way..
    Yep.....but there is only one way to turn this team around in a somewhat fast way. See Dallas Cowboys October 12, 1989.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this isn't Sega Genesis . . . what team will give up a high pick for a player over 30 that will hurt their cap???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    this isn't Sega Genesis . . . what team will give up a high pick for a player over 30 that will hurt their cap???
    Sid..I am disappointing in you. Do you not understand that teams who trade for Ben will restructure his contract? What kind of contract does Peyton Manning (37 years), currently have with Denver? A cap friendly one.

If Ben is made available...teams will come out of the woodwork offering a boat load of picks. Guaranteed.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash