Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It won't happen, but I'd trade...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This is NOT a terrible football team.

They are just playing terribly.
    Regardless how you label them, this is a team void of play makers on both sides of the ball. And expecting them to come via the draft through normal picks is expecting to wait a long time for this to get turned around.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Im pretty much in agreement. And the thing that's the worst is so many are contributing. We're just a few plays from winning games. And anyone can step up and make em.

There's no one person that you can easily pin everything on. Its gotta be maddening to Tomlin. And the best he's come up with is to take away ping pong

I think you have to put the majority of the blame on Tomlin and Ben. And neither can seem to get it right. And you do have to wonder if we'll get things right with the 2 of them continuing to be here?
    Flip in these games you are talking about, the ones where they are only a few plays away from winning, the Steelers are not playing the leagues elite. They are playing bad to mediocre teams.

Oakland, Minnesota, Tennessee.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Flip in these games you are talking about, the ones where they are only a few plays away from winning, the Steelers are not playing the leagues elite. They are playing bad to mediocre teams.

Oakland, Minnesota, Tennessee.
    When I watch a lot of other games, there's a lot of mediocre teams in the league. I still think we have enough talent to play with anyone. And we'd likely screw up enough plays to lose to almost all of them.

Only Denver has really looked dominant to me in the AFC at times. There's a handful of teams in the NFC in Seattle, NO, GB, SF, and Carolina that have looked better than average.

Just seems like most teams are bunched up as mediocre.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kirk Cousins is an unproven commodity. He's played all of 4 games in his career. And he has had problems staying healthy.
    He's played "All of 4 games"...and has shown hells of potential with his limited opportunities. and as for the "having problems staying healthy"...
    I forgot that Ben is the exact opposite of that
    BB is not a top tier quarterback anymore. His decision making seems to be getting worse as he gets older....the bone head plays seem to be growing in number.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Take away Patrick Petersen and the Cards still have a legitimate defense. Add Ben and take away Petersen and the Cards have a chance to go to a Super Bowl.

Cards still have Jerraud Powers, Tyrann Mathieu, Tony Jefferson, Antoine Cason, and Javier Arenas. They are loaded in the secondary.
    Why do you keep talking about this Dee Dub? I mean, was this a topic of trade discussion at some point? Or are you just playing amateur GM? Note: I'm not attacking your position. I just don't want to waste my time thinking about it (no offense) if it isn't really something that has ever come up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    He's played "All of 4 games"...and has shown hells of potential with his limited opportunities. and as for the "having problems staying healthy"...
    I forgot that Ben is the exact opposite of that
    BB is not a top tier quarterback anymore. His decision making seems to be getting worse as he gets older....the bone head plays seem to be growing in number.
    I bet if you polled every GM in the league not one of them would feel this way about Ben. They would see that his down play has more to do with his team around him than it does him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Why do you keep talking about this Dee Dub? I mean, was this a topic of trade discussion at some point? Or are you just playing amateur GM? Note: I'm not attacking your position. I just don't want to waste my time thinking about it (no offense) if it isn't really something that has ever come up.
    Yeah I'm getting tired of explaining it too. I see this as the fastest way to turn this franchise around. See Dallas Cowboys Oct. 12 1989. 1-15 with no franchise QB. Made a blockbuster trade and then won 3 out 4 super bowls 3 years later.

If the Steelers do not trade Ben this off season, I do not believe this team will compete for a super bowl with in the next 5 years. Far too many holes and void of play makers. And they have the 3rd highest cap number next season. What you see now will be worse this time next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet if you polled every GM in the league not one of them would feel this way about Ben. They would see that his down play has more to do with his team around him than it does him.
    I don't know man... I just think his poor decision making is being magnified more as he gets older. The offensive line has always been suspect. I think the years of abuse is finally starting to wear on him..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I don't know man... I just think his poor decision making is being magnified more as he gets older. The offensive line has always been suspect. I think the years of abuse is finally starting to wear on him..
    Ernie...this is the worst offensive line in football. It has never been this bad. And unlike years past, when they didn't have a great O-lines, they had play makers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Its crazy talk IMO but it gives him a chance to talk about multiple picks....

I think we pick in the 6 to 10 range and also shed some dead weight.