Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones Demoted

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones Demoted

And other news from the Tomlin PC:

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-with-tomlin_29.html[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard that. The kid still needs to learn. He has great upside, but against Brady they will need someone who does his job and maintains his assignments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe they ought to bench his counterpart on the other side for a game. At least Jones had a tackle. Mr. $61 million had all of 0 tackles and 0 assists vs. the Raiders...not to mention his part in Pryor's history-making 93-yard TD run.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 10-29-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a wash. It's not as if Woirlds is head and shoulders above him. Heck, he lost the starting job to Jones with his poor play so this is status quo at best. Won't make a lick of difference against the Pats.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is a good move. Worilds seems better equipped to get pressure at this point. I know JJ is young, but he's not yet what I expected. I figured he'd be getting at least a few sacks/FFs by now.

Now if we can just keep McClendon and Williams off the field, we may be better off at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

what a pick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I, for one, am still happy to have Jarvis Jones. He's young yet...Worilds didn't start right away, Woodley didn't start right away (both are second round picks). Give the kid some time, still green yet.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I, for one, am still happy to have Jarvis Jones. He's young yet...Worilds didn't start right away, Woodley didn't start right away (both are second round picks). Give the kid some time, still green yet.

i agree but for gods sake why can other teams draft guys in a variety of rounds and have them start or have an impact right away but we have to wait years?
    oh, and i dont want to hear how we are great and dont have that many spots open for draft picks to take over

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones was never ready to start. Some used his playing as a counter to the criticism of LeBeau's system being too slow to integrate young talent but that appears to be a factor yet again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Jones was never ready to start. Some used his playing as a counter to the criticism of LeBeau's system being too slow to integrate young talent but that appears to be a factor yet again.
    it's never a good idea to point out young talent getting playing time during an 0-fer streak...