Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: 6ft 4 220 plus with an accurate rocket arm? Just sayin....

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What happened to the last flavor of the month, AJ what's-his-name?
    I would love to have AJ McCarron. No lost love here. He's still going to be a winner at the next level. But he could go second round. I am not advocating drafting Mannion with a top 5-10 pick. I just think he is better than the QB's Shawn listed.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Matt Barkley...
    I think all things considered (not having had hardly any work with the number 1 offense), Barkley has looked decent in the past two weeks.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think all things considered (not having had hardly any work with the number 1 offense), Barkley has looked decent in the past two weeks.
    he looks like I thought he would... a few nice passes but easy to pick off because he lacks zip.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he looks like I thought he would... a few nice passes but easy to pick off because he lacks zip.
    You gotta be the most clueless fan I have ever heard. He's in an offense that isnt conducive to what he does best. It's a read option offense. He's not a read option QB. The first week he had no work at all with the first team offense. He was basically just thrown in there. And this past week he had very little work with the first team as Vick went in as the number 1.

    But what ever. Like I said from day one. If he gets a legitimate chance and is in the right offense he'll be a successful NFL QB. This past week he was 17-26. Again, all things considered, I think he did pretty well. And Troy Aikman two weeks ago said he saw nothing wrong with the strength of his arm.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  5. #15
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    You gotta be the most clueless fan I have ever heard. He's in an offense that isnt conducive to what he does best. It's a read option offense. He's not a read option QB. The first week he had no work at all with the first team offense. He was basically just thrown in there. And this past week he had very little work with the first team as Vick went in as the number 1.

    But what ever. Like I said from day one. If he gets a legitimate chance and is in the right offense he'll be a successful NFL QB. This past week he was 17-26. Again, all things considered, I think he did pretty well. And Troy Aikman two weeks ago said he saw nothing wrong with the strength of his arm.
    Completely agree.....Also, I get the impression some here don't want any football unless it's Steelers football. It's not a bad thing but it puts things into perspective.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    You gotta be the most clueless fan I have ever heard. He's in an offense that isnt conducive to what he does best. It's a read option offense. He's not a read option QB. The first week he had no work at all with the first team offense. He was basically just thrown in there. And this past week he had very little work with the first team as Vick went in as the number 1.

    But what ever. Like I said from day one. If he gets a legitimate chance and is in the right offense he'll be a successful NFL QB. This past week he was 17-26. Again, all things considered, I think he did pretty well. And Troy Aikman two weeks ago said he saw nothing wrong with the strength of his arm.
    Troy Aikmen didn't see anything wrong with his arm strength because he kept throwing the ball to his Cowboys. INT's (3 officially)

  7. #17
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Troy Aikmen didn't see anything wrong with his arm strength because he kept throwing the ball to his Cowboys. INT's (3 officially)
    Typical..... zero insight and stat lines. Why am I not suprised.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Typical..... zero insight and stat lines. Why am I not suprised.
    Yep...I'd bet he didn't even see the game.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,680
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Typical..... zero insight and stat lines. Why am I not suprised.
    I watched every throw vs Dallas... first pass, INT to the LB. Called back because a DL was lined up off sides. He had a few completions underneath followed by an INT, then another... and one more in desperation on their last drive.

    shhh...

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I watched every throw vs Dallas... first pass, INT to the LB. Called back because a DL was lined up off sides. He had a few completions underneath followed by an INT, then another... and one more in desperation on their last drive.

    shhh...
    What do you expect from a kid in his first NFL action, playing in an offense that isn't designed for his ability, and having not practiced with the number one offense?

    He's been thrown into two games in the middle of both of them, and he's still over a 60% competition percentage. I see potential. You see criticism.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •