Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Decline over Roethlisberger's Career

Legend

User Info Menu

Slow Decline over Roethlisberger's Career

An interesting stat to track over Roethlisberger's career; points per possession minute...(These are team offensive stats but Roethlisberger was the QB for the majority of this time.)

2004: 0.685
    2005: 0.767
    2006: 0.702
    2007: 0.735
    2008: 0.684
    2009: 0.701
    2010: 0.724
    2011: 0.625
    2012: 0.652
    2013: 0.590

the 2011 number likely got BA fired. If you go through the effort,a plot will show the gradual decline throughout Roethlisberger's career starting from 2005.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is indeed interesting. It would be interesting to be able to compare this stat to other QBs of various interest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our lack of turnovers recently and thus not having short fields to work in may skue something like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is indeed interesting. It would be interesting to be able to compare this stat to other QBs of various interest.
    took a quick look at Brady and Brees and as expected they show a general upward trend over the same period. and you can argue Brady has done more with less over that time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Our lack of turnovers recently and thus not having short fields to work in may skue something like this.
    No, our inability to score in the redzone is what skews this stat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Todd Haley is not looking too impressive on that list. I have to imagine there is a lot more team built into that figure than putting it all on Big Ben. You have to look at it more symptomatic of an overall Steeler decline than pointing to BB as the disease.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about looking at our awful Running Game over those years. So far this year Tom Brady has NO ONE to throw to but the Patriots top 3 RBs are averaging 4.5/carry. It certainly helps to be able to run the ball in order to pass the ball and overall score points.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Todd Haley is not looking too impressive on that list. I have to imagine there is a lot more team built into that figure than putting it all on Big Ben. You have to look at it more symptomatic of an overall Steeler decline than pointing to BB as the disease.
    While there have been many changes over the years with this team (OL, WRs, RBs...etc), the one constant is the QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    How about looking at our awful Running Game over those years. So far this year Tom Brady has NO ONE to throw to but the Patriots top 3 RBs are averaging 4.5/carry. It certainly helps to be able to run the ball in order to pass the ball and overall score points.
    Execution and high expectations...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you can take that a step further and say our OL is substandard right now. And why is our OL substandard? Well, if you can answer THAT question, you may have identified the root of the problem. My best guess is the continuing rotation of players and coaches that never allow the line to coalesce. If we can shore up the line and gain some consistency, our PPG would almost have to improve. Our OL is the weakness and we all knew it before the season even started.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.