Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Slow Decline over Roethlisberger's Career

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866

    Slow Decline over Roethlisberger's Career

    An interesting stat to track over Roethlisberger's career; points per possession minute...(These are team offensive stats but Roethlisberger was the QB for the majority of this time.)

    2004: 0.685
    2005: 0.767
    2006: 0.702
    2007: 0.735
    2008: 0.684
    2009: 0.701
    2010: 0.724
    2011: 0.625
    2012: 0.652
    2013: 0.590

    the 2011 number likely got BA fired. If you go through the effort,a plot will show the gradual decline throughout Roethlisberger's career starting from 2005.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,518
    It is indeed interesting. It would be interesting to be able to compare this stat to other QBs of various interest.

  3. #3
    Our lack of turnovers recently and thus not having short fields to work in may skue something like this.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is indeed interesting. It would be interesting to be able to compare this stat to other QBs of various interest.
    took a quick look at Brady and Brees and as expected they show a general upward trend over the same period. and you can argue Brady has done more with less over that time.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Our lack of turnovers recently and thus not having short fields to work in may skue something like this.
    No, our inability to score in the redzone is what skews this stat.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,040
    Todd Haley is not looking too impressive on that list. I have to imagine there is a lot more team built into that figure than putting it all on Big Ben. You have to look at it more symptomatic of an overall Steeler decline than pointing to BB as the disease.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,526
    How about looking at our awful Running Game over those years. So far this year Tom Brady has NO ONE to throw to but the Patriots top 3 RBs are averaging 4.5/carry. It certainly helps to be able to run the ball in order to pass the ball and overall score points.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Todd Haley is not looking too impressive on that list. I have to imagine there is a lot more team built into that figure than putting it all on Big Ben. You have to look at it more symptomatic of an overall Steeler decline than pointing to BB as the disease.
    While there have been many changes over the years with this team (OL, WRs, RBs...etc), the one constant is the QB.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    How about looking at our awful Running Game over those years. So far this year Tom Brady has NO ONE to throw to but the Patriots top 3 RBs are averaging 4.5/carry. It certainly helps to be able to run the ball in order to pass the ball and overall score points.
    Execution and high expectations...

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,040
    I think you can take that a step further and say our OL is substandard right now. And why is our OL substandard? Well, if you can answer THAT question, you may have identified the root of the problem. My best guess is the continuing rotation of players and coaches that never allow the line to coalesce. If we can shore up the line and gain some consistency, our PPG would almost have to improve. Our OL is the weakness and we all knew it before the season even started.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •