Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We did Bruce wrong and we need him back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Haley being terrible doesn't magically make BA good.

And the Arians discussions have become much like the Starks ones. Neither is happening so can we all just please move the f*ck on from the topic. Enough already.
    Exactly. Arians' offense was terrible in the red zone, and despite the weapons that the Steelers had, they were middle of the pack in scoring, at best.

Haley stinks and should be gone after this season. But I'd look to Randy Fitchner before bringing back BA.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Steelers 2013 regular season "highlights" DVD could be titled the Nightmare Before Christmas.
    There's highlights???

Legend

User Info Menu

BA isn't available and even if he was he would never come back. LOL..

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'd prefer a bucket of water over Haley as our OC.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I propose we somehow convince the mayor of Pittsburgh to have the village clockmaker build a gigantic clock in market square. Somehow, find out the Cardinals travel plans to Houston and reroute the plane so that it flies over Pittsburgh at precisely midnight. As the plane passes over the clock, it plays a song that offers the Rooney's sincerest apologies, and entices Mr. Arians to forgive us all and return to Pittsburgh as our offensive coordinator.
    It might be a good idea to set some mousetraps in that clocktower beforehand just to be on the safe side.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's east to say that on this side of the fence. I don't think Arians will ever be back but I do believe Haley is gone. Start looking for the next best thing in the college ranks or A position coach on a successful offense...Then after you wasted all that time they will promote Randy Fichtner. I hope not. Maybe Lane Kiffin??? Oh Jesus

Legend

User Info Menu

The Unbearable Lightness of Being Bruce Arians

In his Week 16 Power Rankings, NFL Analyst Elliot Harrison made the following statement when talking about the Arizona Cardinals:

Who deserves Coach of the Year honors more than Bruce Arians? No one, and I mean no one, expected Arizona to be 10-5 coming off a win in Seattle. Of course, Arians won the award last year. No head coach has repeated since Joe Gibbs in 1982 and '83.
    Unexpected? For sure, in Steeler Nation. From the past comments of many people on this august site, you would think Arians was a combination of Barney Fife and Gomer Pyle. (Sorry, forgot to precede that with an Old Person Alert. Thank God for reruns.)

And yet, the coach a huge portion of the fan base couldn't wait to get rid of has been completely rejuvenated in the desert air.

Was Arians the greatest thing since sliced bread? Did the Steelers fans (and, more importantly, those in the organization) who wanted him gone make a mistake of massive proportions?

I'm not prepared to go that far. No one could say what would have happened if he had stayed. I'm guessing the offense would not have tanked, the way it did for a while, but on the other hand the pain of going through the changes Todd Haley has instituted finally appears to be paying off.

Fortunately, Steeler Nation is bursting with would-be coordinators who can point out every single mistake made by any of them, whether their name be Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, Dick LeBeau, or insert name of choice.

Did Bruce Arians make the absolute most of the players he had? Does Todd Haley? Does Dick LeBeau? Probably not all the time. But it is amazing to me how a guy Steeler Nation's battalion of experts had declared to be a complete bum can go somewhere else, move up to head coach, and do such a great job. I guess I just don't understand how this stuff works.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/25/5242908/coach-tomlins-apology[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    The Unbearable Lightness of Being Bruce Arians

In his Week 16 Power Rankings, NFL Analyst Elliot Harrison made the following statement when talking about the Arizona Cardinals:

Who deserves Coach of the Year honors more than Bruce Arians? No one, and I mean no one, expected Arizona to be 10-5 coming off a win in Seattle. Of course, Arians won the award last year. No head coach has repeated since Joe Gibbs in 1982 and '83.
    Unexpected? For sure, in Steeler Nation. From the past comments of many people on this august site, you would think Arians was a combination of Barney Fife and Gomer Pyle. (Sorry, forgot to precede that with an Old Person Alert. Thank God for reruns.)

And yet, the coach a huge portion of the fan base couldn't wait to get rid of has been completely rejuvenated in the desert air.

Was Arians the greatest thing since sliced bread? Did the Steelers fans (and, more importantly, those in the organization) who wanted him gone make a mistake of massive proportions?

I'm not prepared to go that far. No one could say what would have happened if he had stayed. I'm guessing the offense would not have tanked, the way it did for a while, but on the other hand the pain of going through the changes Todd Haley has instituted finally appears to be paying off.

Fortunately, Steeler Nation is bursting with would-be coordinators who can point out every single mistake made by any of them, whether their name be Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, Dick LeBeau, or insert name of choice.

Did Bruce Arians make the absolute most of the players he had? Does Todd Haley? Does Dick LeBeau? Probably not all the time. But it is amazing to me how a guy Steeler Nation's battalion of experts had declared to be a complete bum can go somewhere else, move up to head coach, and do such a great job. I guess I just don't understand how this stuff works.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/25/5242908/coach-tomlins-apology[/URL]
    Maybe BA is better as a head coach than as an OC. No doubt he's done a great job as HC two years in a row.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Just as LeBeau was a better DC than HC...

Although, if the Steelers somehow become only the 2nd team to go from 0-4 to playoffs....

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry, not buying what you're selling.

Look a little closer. AZ is 0.427 against teams with a winning record. They beat up on the weaklings of the league, going 7-1. They are 2-3 in their division. In the AFC North, that won't get you into the playoffs.

Scoring offense? ... AZ is right where Arians had PIT for years, bottom half of the league.

No thanks.

Better candidate?.. Panthers HC.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 12-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.