Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we get a refund on Young Money?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you guys are right.

This roster doesn't need any extra picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys are right.

This roster doesn't need any extra picks.
    Depends on who we draft. We don't need any more crappy picks

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It'd help if Ben didn't start making so many bad throws. I really don't see our WRs as our biggest concern. They're good enough.
    True enough. But AB has to stop messing up some key plays. He has hit a streak of tough luck dropping a critical 3rd down pass and then letting one slip away and get intercepted. This is making it really extra tough on the O and Ben. Bad enough you got to figure this OC is going to be wasting a play or two every series so when Ben does make a great 3rd down save you just can't blow it.

Other than that everything is just fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nope.. that pick would've been the one that changed our season.
    When you have a team with a talent deficit, like the Steelers do, you cannot continue to lose assets and not get anything in return. Wallace left, and in return, the Steelers will get maybe a third round comp pick. Lewis will net probably a 5th or so. That is moving backwards.

Sanders has proven that he is no more than a low end #2 or an average #3 WR. If you could have cashed that in for a third round pick, you make the move. Is Sanders any more of an impact player than, say, David Nelson, who the Jets signed off the scrap heap after the season?

Sanders obviously hasn't help the Steelers this year and he won't in the future. They had a chance to cash in on him, and failed to take advantage. As a result, the team will limp into this offseason with a depleted roster, cap issues, and less than their full compliment of picks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    When you have a team with a talent deficit, like the Steelers do, you cannot continue to lose assets and not get anything in return. Wallace left, and in return, the Steelers will get maybe a third round comp pick. Lewis will net probably a 5th or so. That is moving backwards.

Sanders has proven that he is no more than a low end #2 or an average #3 WR. If you could have cashed that in for a third round pick, you make the move. Is Sanders any more of an impact player than, say, David Nelson, who the Jets signed off the scrap heap after the season?

Sanders obviously hasn't help the Steelers this year and he won't in the future. They had a chance to cash in on him, and failed to take advantage. As a result, the team will limp into this offseason with a depleted roster, cap issues, and less than their full compliment of picks.
    I don't think we lack the talent to warrant this poor play and equally as poor record. Not even close IMO.

I will say that if Sanders walks (and I'm not opposed to that if he wants any more than a #3 WR payday) then it was dumb to not accept the Pats round 3 pick. That's not a hindsight comment either. If you knew you weren't going to sign him long term than you'd have to be a moron to not accept the pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't think we lack the talent to warrant this poor play and equally as poor record. Not even close IMO.

I will say that if Sanders walks (and I'm not opposed to that if he wants any more than a #3 WR payday) then it was dumb to not accept the Pats round 3 pick. That's not a hindsight comment either. If you knew you weren't going to sign him long term than you'd have to be a moron to not accept the pick.
    I don't think they are bottom 5 in the NFL in talent, which is what their record says they are, but this team is a far cry from some of the teams of the past 5-10 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't think they are bottom 5 in the NFL in talent, which is what their record says they are, but this team is a far cry from some of the teams of the past 5-10 years.
    Agreed. And it's a far cry from the top teams in the league this year. Watch other games and it becomes readily apparent the lack of true talent the team as a whole has on the roster. I don't believe they are even in the top 50%.

Sometimes I'll put on a game just to watch a team do the basics: o-linemen that actually hold a block, open WR's hit in stride, tackles being made... then I think of the Steelers and hook up a bourbon IV.