Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Clock Management and Play calling

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Clock Management and Play calling

    We need plays that get us down the field on ball possession's in under 3 minutes and can score TD's...
    Screw this crap of holding on the ball for a long time in one possession..we cannot even score...

    The play calling we have been doing doesn't do that!!!!!

    We need to look at the other teams that keep putting a lot of points on the board and heck steel those plays and practice them.
    Why? Because our play calling sucks!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,689
    You don't love the 13 play hurry up offense that burns clock?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    We need plays that get us down the field on ball possession's in under 3 minutes and can score TD's...
    Screw this crap of holding on the ball for a long time in one possession..we cannot even score...

    The play calling we have been doing doesn't do that!!!!!

    We need to look at the other teams that keep putting a lot of points on the board and heck steel those plays and practice them.
    Why? Because our play calling sucks!!!!!!!!
    Defense needs to have rest...

    Screen Draw Screen Draw are the only plays in the playbook it seems...

    Steleers are missing Mike Wallace...
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Defense needs to have rest...

    Screen Draw Screen Draw are the only plays in the playbook it seems...

    Steleers are missing Mike Wallace...
    I don't think the Steelers miss Mike Wallace. Between Brown, Sanders, Cotch, Moye and Heath, we have more receiving talent that we did in 2005.

    I think they miss competent play calling, competent clock handling and an offensive line that isn't cursed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't think the Steelers miss Mike Wallace. Between Brown, Sanders, Cotch, Moye and Heath, we have more receiving talent that we did in 2005.

    I think they miss competent play calling, competent clock handling and an offensive line that isn't cursed.
    In 2005, the Steelers still had Miller. A younger, faster Miller.

    Ward, ARE, Wilson and Morgan vs. Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Moye? Call it a wash. That team also had FWP averaging 4.7 YPC and Jerome Bettis.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In 2005, the Steelers still had Miller. A younger, faster Miller.

    Ward, ARE, Wilson and Morgan vs. Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Moye? Call it a wash. That team also had FWP averaging 4.7 YPC and Jerome Bettis.
    In 2005, Oline consisted of Smith/Faneca/Hartings/Simmons/Starks

    In 2013, Oline consists of (Beachum, Adams)/Foster/Velasco/Decastro/Gilbert

    Say whatever you want about the rest of the talent, the real difference lies right there.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,689
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Defense needs to have rest...

    Screen Draw Screen Draw are the only plays in the playbook it seems...

    Steleers are missing Mike Wallace...
    BA and Wallace..

    Wallace wasn't anything special with Haley last year.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    BA and Wallace..

    Wallace wasn't anything special with Haley last year.
    +1

    Wallace and AB84 would be great 1-2 punch with BA calling plays. Team would have no issues going 80 yards when BA was playcalling.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Defense needs to have rest...
    D has plenty of time to rest after they let the other team go 93 yards on one play.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    D has plenty of time to rest after they let the other team go 93 yards on one play.
    Its exhausting running in one direction away from the actual play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •