Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Believe in the new OL Strategy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Still Believe in the new OL Strategy?

Seems these 'light on their feet, mobile, athletic, zone-blocking offensive linemen the Steelers so covet can't keep from getting injured. Sorry, but I would take the slow plodding Max Starks left tackle any day of the week over what they got now. An OL this is injured this often will never live up to its potential if they all can't stay on the field for more than 2 weeks in a row.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No offense, but PLEASE STFU about Max Starks

He is GARBAGE. It is clear that our o-line lacks talent and depth (as evidenced by our best backup WHIMPER, being replaced by MIKE ADAMS again. Once Mike Adams was inserted in the starting lineup again for whatever reason, it was over.)

But to say you prefer Max Starks to a Mike Adams, is like saying you prefer a smelly brown turd, over a smelly green turd. (They're both turds.)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He is GARBAGE. It is clear that our o-line lacks talent and depth (as evidenced by our best backup WHIMPER, being replaced by MIKE ADAMS again. Once Mike Adams was inserted in the starting lineup again for whatever reason, it was over.)

But to say you prefer Max Starks to a Mike Adams, is like saying you prefer a smelly brown turd, over a smelly green turd. (They're both turds.)
    You do realize that the Adams took over at LT for Beachum right? And that the "comeback" happened with Adams at Lt. How about the fact that Adams provided more solid protection than Beachum when matched up against the same guys .. or that Beachum was responsible for most of the pressure coming from the left side before he had to move to RG for DeCastro?

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman believes adams got stuck into a funk at LT & couldn't see his way out of it. Time on the bench might have helped. He's far and away the most talented OT on the roster.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman believes adams got stuck into a funk at LT & couldn't see his way out of it. Time on the bench might have helped. He's far and away the most talented OT on the roster.
    That kind of helps explain the 2-5 record.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That kind of helps explain the 2-5 record.

Pappy
    Right on the money Pappy. Except for Pouncey and DeCastro we have below average NFL talent at every other OL position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Adams was ABUSED in England but he wasn't nearly that bad in any other game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Adams was ABUSED in England but he wasn't nearly that bad in any other game.
    That's what I'm talking about. He was a horror show vs. Cincinnati... and he was very bad vs. Chicago too. (I can't recall for Tennessee, but I know the o-line struggled.) Watch the tape.

steeler_fan_in_t.o. makes a good point though. I personally, would put the blame on the drafting of such turds like Gilbert and Adams. But you make some good points, which I think change my mind to a degree. Nobody besides Foster can be said to have improved on our o-line in the last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    You do realize that the Adams took over at LT for Beachum right? And that the "comeback" happened with Adams at Lt. How about the fact that Adams provided more solid protection than Beachum when matched up against the same guys .. or that Beachum was responsible for most of the pressure coming from the left side before he had to move to RG for DeCastro?
    Yeah, Beachum is not particularly good. He had his own issues at LT, but he really struggled at guard. I actually think that he is a bit better at OT than OG.

Adams actually look ok when he was back at tackle, at least from what I saw.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

point is, these "athletic" Olinemen are as durable a Yugo. Give me a strong guy that can at least stay on the field for more than two series....