Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Believe in the new OL Strategy?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have no faith in Haley's plan at all...I'm actually hoping we hear he's been canned on the plane ride home.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think Haley has been a bit of a scape goat. I don't really like the guy either but I didn't think the playcalling has been THAT bad over the past few games. I can certainly cherry pick certain play calls that I thought were stupid though.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I don't realize that. I do realize that any "comeback", was not suddenly do to any bump in production from the left side as a result of Adams being there. Any problems Beachum had at LT, were still much better than what Adams did at any point this year. If Adams wasn't the albatross today that he normally has been every game this year, it is merely coincidental.

I'm just SICK of the Max Starks nonsense.
    Ok... so Beachum is responsible for most of the pressure from the left ... he moves to RG and Adams comes to LT .. pressure from the left falls off ... so, Adams did better TODAY than Beachum in the same position .. But, "Any problems Beachum had at LT, were still much better than what Adams did at any point this year". You do realize that if Adams played better today than Beachum did ... awww heck, never mind ...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There's no chemistry between Haley & Ben & there's nothing dynamic about the offense play-calling either. We have talent but it being wasted...they should stop trying to pound this square peg into a round hole & move on.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Ok... so Beachum is responsible for most of the pressure from the left ... he moves to RG and Adams comes to LT .. pressure from the left falls off ... so, Adams did better TODAY than Beachum in the same position .. But, "Any problems Beachum had at LT, were still much better than what Adams did at any point this year". You do realize that if Adams played better today than Beachum did ... awww heck, never mind ...
    But where do you get that protection got better when Adams got in? I recall a sack (and probably more) coming late in the game, presumably when Adams was in. You saying the left side got better is just your perception; I seriously doubt that it did.

What I do know, is that while Beachum has been the LT, it hasn't been a turnstile situation that it was with Adams. One of the things that annoys me BTW, when people cite the Adams benching, is how they only cite the Minnesota game against Jared Allen. As if that was the single driving force. He was terrible the week before (against the Bears), and he was gadawful the week before (against Cincy).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Adams is a RT...spending time to develop him as a LT is a waste.

Backup

User Info Menu

But where do you get that protection got better when Adams got in? I recall a sack (and probably more) coming late in the game, presumably when Adams was in. You saying the left side got better is just your perception; I seriously doubt that it did.

What I do know, is that while Beachum has been the LT, it hasn't been a turnstile situation that it was with Adams. One of the things that annoys me BTW, when people cite the Adams benching, is how they only cite the Minnesota game against Jared Allen. As if that was the single driving force. He was terrible the week before (against the Bears), and he was gadawful the week before (against Cincy).
    One of the things that annoys me btw, is when people bring up things and act like I stated them when I didn't. I didn't mention the Minn game or the Bears game. And you are right ... It's just my opinion that things got better after Adams got in ... buoyed by the fact that more points were scored and from my seat on the couch there was left pressure from the left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman believes adams got stuck into a funk at LT & couldn't see his way out of it. Time on the bench might have helped. He's far and away the most talented OT on the roster.
    That kind of helps explain the 2-5 record.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

He is GARBAGE. It is clear that our o-line lacks talent and depth (as evidenced by our best backup WHIMPER, being replaced by MIKE ADAMS again. Once Mike Adams was inserted in the starting lineup again for whatever reason, it was over.)

But to say you prefer Max Starks to a Mike Adams, is like saying you prefer a smelly brown turd, over a smelly green turd. (They're both turds.)

Exactly! The problem is that the OL lacks talent. I don't want to hear this nonsense that they invested high picks because it doesn't matter when those pick are ready yet and may never be ready. The FO blew it by not draft additional OL in this past draft and now we are paying for it. They blew it when they released Urbik too soon. They blew it when they didn't bring Starks back since they had no idea that Adams could do the job at LT. The last 3-4 years have been one bad OL decision after another.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That kind of helps explain the 2-5 record.

Pappy
    Right on the money Pappy. Except for Pouncey and DeCastro we have below average NFL talent at every other OL position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"