Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pouncey Served, Will Maurkice Be?

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Pouncey Served, Will Maurkice Be?

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24148598/report-police-serve-mike-pouncey-subpoena-after-patriots-game[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Maurkice will probably be served next week in New England if he travels with the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Makes interesting discussions about whether to extend Pouncey who has injury history and now this. You know he is going to want to be the highest paid Center in the NFL. Sorry, but I'm not buying that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Makes interesting discussions about whether to extend Pouncey who has injury history and now this. You know he is going to want to be the highest paid Center in the NFL. Sorry, but I'm not buying that.
    Perhaps he'll be incarcerated with his brother and Hernandez, working on another remake of the Longest Yard, and take the decision out of the hands of the FO.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Free Hernandez".

Despite recent trends to the contrary, I think this shows the old fashioned tropes of "You can judge a man by his friends", and "Character counts" are still valid.

I felt bad to have Markice wear the B&G after seeing those photos of him and his brother with the hat. Happy to see him go, even *IF* there is a short-term loss to the Steelers.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Pouncey in Hot Water in Hernandez Case....

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/28/report-authorities-are-looking-at-mike-pouncey-as-more-than-a-witness/[/URL]

Report: Authorities are looking at Mike Pouncey as more than a witness

Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
    Getty Images
    Dolphins center [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6478/mike-pouncey"]Mike Pouncey[/URL] apparently is more than a mere witness in the ever-growing case(s) against [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5674/aaron-hernandez"]Aaron Hernandez[/URL].

Greg Bedard of SI.com, who with Pete Thamel reported on Sunday that Pouncey has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury investigating Hernandez, gave a more dire assessment to Pouncey’s potential predicament during a Monday morning appearance on WQAM’s The Joe Rose Show.

“Overall, I would say this is a serious situation for Mike Pouncey,” Bedard said. “This is not a situation where they just think he might have evidence towards the charges against Aaron Hernandez. If he goes in there [to testify before the grand jury] thinking that’s what it’s about, he will be underprepared. He should be prepared that the authorities are looking at him in regards to some charges.”

It’s not clear what the charges would or could be, but Bedard at one point made reference to the issue of finances. Bedard also said that Steelers center [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5706/maurkice-pouncey"]Maurkice Pouncey[/URL] (Mike’s twin) could be summoned to testify at some point, too.

With one murder case pending against Hernandez and a double-murder case possible, authorities reportedly are exploring whether Hernadnez was engaged in the illegal trafficking of weapons. That detour from the murder charges has the feel of an effort to ensure that there will be a way to put an actual or perceived “bad guy” away, in the event the murder charge(s) don’t stick.
    Was there more to that hat than we know?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Authorities are looking at Mike Pouncey as more than a witness
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT

Dolphins center Mike Pouncey apparently is more than a mere witness in the ever-growing case(s) against Aaron Hernandez.

Greg Bedard of SI.com, who with Pete Thamel reported on Sunday that Pouncey has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury investigating Hernandez, gave a more dire assessment to Pouncey’s potential predicament during a Monday morning appearance on WQAM’s The Joe Rose Show.

“Overall, I would say this is a serious situation for Mike Pouncey,” Bedard said. “This is not a situation where they just think he might have evidence towards the charges against Aaron Hernandez. If he goes in there [to testify before the grand jury] thinking that’s what it’s about, he will be underprepared. He should be prepared that the authorities are looking at him in regards to some charges.”

It’s not clear what the charges would or could be, but Bedard at one point made reference to the issue of finances. Bedard also said that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey (Mike’s twin) could be summoned to testify at some point, too.

With one murder case pending against Hernandez and a double-murder case possible, authorities reportedly are exploring whether Hernadnez was engaged in the illegal trafficking of weapons. That detour from the murder charges has the feel of an effort to ensure that there will be a way to put an actual or perceived “bad guy” away, in the event the murder charge(s) don’t stick.
    Who’s scheduled to play the Patriots this weekend? You guessed it…the Steelers. Since Maurkice is on I.R., though, do you think he opts to remain in Pittsburgh to watch the game at home rather than joining his teammates on the sidelines in Foxboro and then getting served? Maurkice taking the trip with his teammates to New England could potentially be more damaging than Ryan Clark taking the trip with his teammates to Denver.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Except there is no reason why Clark can't play in Denver. His spleen is gone. He can play.

Legend

User Info Menu

So, do we get a comp pick if the Pouncey twins are charged in this torrid affair? I mean damn...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Who’s scheduled to play the Patriots this weekend? You guessed it…the Steelers. Since Maurkice is on I.R., though, do you think he opts to remain in Pittsburgh to watch the game at home rather than joining his teammates on the sidelines in Foxboro and then getting served? Maurkice taking the trip with his teammates to New England could potentially be more damaging than Ryan Clark taking the trip with his teammates to Denver.
    He would be wise to stay home. Of course, its Pouncey, so counting on him to do something wise...