Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    If the Rooneys had their doubts, I don't think that they would have shelled out the cash during contract time. But maybe it's time to let the man sink or swim and you can't do that firing and hiring his assistance.
    I agree. And that is where I am able to give Tomlin some grace. Most likely he didn't pick Haley. He certainly didn't pick Lebeau. Cowher had the opportunity to create his own regime...make his own way. I would like to see the Rooneys allow Tomlin to do so as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree that Tomlin , Haily, and a few other coaches need to go after this season...

What I saw:

Horrendous play calling
    Unprepared like others have said.
    Execution looked horriable
    Way to many run plays...to many screens

Yes I'm on board... start firing coaches like other teams do...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, while I'm not a proponent of the bubble screen and such, I'm still a holdout for not canning Haley just yet. I hate to blame it on a lifer like Lebeau, but to me, it is fairly obvious that football coaching is not exempt from the effects of getting older. And in that regard, I'm not at all averse to older coaches sticking around and helping where they can (e.g. defensive advisor, positions coach). As a coordinator though, no one can prove to me that a 70-year old's mind can keep up with young, energetic, active minds of people much younger.

I hate to say it, because I have a lot of respect for Lebeau.
    Your just being rational. Change is not a bad thing and we need it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, while I'm not a proponent of the bubble screen and such, I'm still a holdout for not canning Haley just yet. I hate to blame it on a lifer like Lebeau, but to me, it is fairly obvious that football coaching is not exempt from the effects of getting older. And in that regard, I'm not at all averse to older coaches sticking around and helping where they can (e.g. defensive advisor, positions coach). As a coordinator though, no one can prove to me that a 70-year old's mind can keep up with young, energetic, active minds of people much younger.

I hate to say it, because I have a lot of respect for Lebeau.
    And no one has proven to me that DL's mind can't keep up with these so called great younger minds.
    I honestly am scared for when DL leaves because I don't see ANYONE in the league right now who is as good of a coordinator as DL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So, this was just about execution. We wrote the book on how to stop the read option.
    Pryor's run was to the other side, but I think having James Harrison, who was still a beast against the run last year, went a long way to stopping the read option.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Bull&*^% we stuffed RG3 last year
    on a cold and rainy day where the redskins dropped 8 to 10 passes....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Pryor's run was to the other side, but I think having James Harrison, who was still a beast against the run last year, went a long way to stopping the read option.
    I think the outside guys have NO FAITH in our NT and that's why LW crashed down so hard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    James Harrison was abused by Tebow in the playoffs.

This has nothing to do with one player missing an assignment. One LB crashing down should result in a 15 yard gain not a 95 yard run on the fist play..that's just flat out bad defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think the outside guys have NO FAITH in our NT and that's why LW crashed down so hard.
    Both Woodley and Timmons really bit hard on the fake, and you could be right that this was part of the reason.

McClendon looked good against TN and against the Ravens center, but otherwise, he has been a liability more than he has been an asset this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I blame Tomlin 100% for bringing in Mesko (New England's trash). He fielded the snap in his chest which directly lead to the block and he had a terrible hold on one of the missed FG's - a 10 point swing. And, oh yeah, he sucks as a punter. There was no reason to bring this guy in.