Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

So many things point to getting rid of Haley. Players from multiple teams have nothing good to say about him. Ben still seems to just tolerate him. He writes classless things in bars late at night. He apparently has more than one lawsuit against him. His play calling is predictable and worse than Arians most of the time (though he seemed to have some moments of creativity against the Rats). Down by 2 scores yesterday and the team is still lumbering around and calling draw plays and screens. We don't go into hurry-up attack mode until it's nearly impossible to win.

I've had enough of Haley. Tomlin needs to show some nutz and TELL the Rooney's he's putting his own guy in place or he's done. I also think Tomlin needs to show some improvement in the areas of his game that have been weaknesses since day one. He needs to simulate the 2 minute office and come up with a plan on what to do in a few of the situations that he seems to keep blundering.

And we have a veteran, franchise, possible HOF QB. Can't we empower him to make his own play call if Haley is to stupid to get the play in on time before the play clock runs down? There was no excuses for losing that time out near the end of the game. And then we run forever off the clock on plays designed to run time off the clock, when we have NO TIME ON THE CLOCK.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Both Woodley and Timmons really bit hard on the fake, and you could be right that this was part of the reason.

McClendon looked good against TN and against the Ravens center, but otherwise, he has been a liability more than he has been an asset this year.
    A QB keeping the ball on the first play of the game is RARE and they bit because they thought the RB had the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    So many things point to getting rid of Haley. Players from multiple teams have nothing good to say about him. Ben still seems to just tolerate him. He writes classless things in bars late at night. He apparently has more than one lawsuit against him. His play calling is predictable and worse than Arians most of the time (though he seemed to have some moments of creativity against the Rats). Down by 2 scores yesterday and the team is still lumbering around and calling draw plays and screens. We don't go into hurry-up attack mode until it's nearly impossible to win.

I've had enough of Haley. Tomlin needs to show some nutz and TELL the Rooney's he's putting his own guy in place or he's done. I also think Tomlin needs to show some improvement in the areas of his game that have been weaknesses since day one. He needs to simulate the 2 minute office and come up with a plan on what to do in a few of the situations that he seems to keep blundering.

And we have a veteran, franchise, possible HOF QB. Can't we empower him to make his own play call if Haley is to stupid to get the play in on time before the play clock runs down? There was no excuses for losing that time out near the end of the game. And then we run forever off the clock on plays designed to run time off the clock, when we have NO TIME ON THE CLOCK.
    you know.. I had to laugh to keep from crying while watching our play selection on offense down 21 to 3. Draws, bubbles, 3 yard passes where our WR is getting tackled by DL.

I think every team in the AFC West know what we are running before we snap the ball. Haley is too predictable and Ben isn't accurate/confident enough with timing routes to make those passes underneath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you know.. I had to laugh to keep from crying while watching our play selection on offense down 21 to 3. Draws, bubbles, 3 yard passes where our WR is getting tackled by DL.

I think every team in the AFC West know what we are running before we snap the ball. Haley is too predictable and Ben isn't accurate/confident enough with timing routes to make those passes underneath.
    It was maddening. I don't know how these guys can review film and not lose their minds. Deep into the 4th quarter, when it's obvious to everyone that we need 2 scores in a very short amount of time, we're still acting like we need to "stick with the gameplan".

I'm ready to see Tomlin yelling at Haley to do something different. Hell, just tell Ben to turn off the speaker in the helmet and call all his own plays in the last 5 mintues of the game. It can't be worse.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I blame Tomlin 100% for bringing in Mesko (New England's trash). He fielded the snap in his chest which directly lead to the block and he had a terrible hold on one of the missed FG's - a 10 point swing. And, oh yeah, he sucks as a punter. There was no reason to bring this guy in.
    Like I said, If BellyChick doesn't want him, that's not a good sign. Brian Moorman was cut in favor for this guy?? Up here in Buffalo Brian Moorman is an ICON.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

can someone please tell me an area that has improved since tomlin took over, either with the team or tomlin himself

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Haley has to be fired immidately. This man is simply a no go. On and off the field.
    While Tomlin is not the best coach in te world, at least he seems to be a man of good charakter. Therefore i think firing him during the season would be unfair und not the right move.
    What happens after the season is a different story, of course.
    As for now, fire Halye and try something on the trade field. It can't get anyworse anyway.
    i still believe a 7-2 run into the palyoffs could be possible. But only if they have some guts to make major changes.
    - Get rid of Haley
    - Get rid of Mesko
    -Trade Woodley and Clark ( i know that's not going to happen)
    Last edited by Töm87; 10-28-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Haley needs to be fired. I will judge Tomlin by how this team finishes the season. If he can keep this team together, and we win 6 to 8 games, Im willing to give him another shot next season. But if he loses this team, and we fall apart ala the Vikings and Bears debacles, then its time for a change in leadership.

I dont put this loss on the coaches yesterday. The play calling is what it is. It was no different than it had been the last two weeks and no one was complaining then. The Pryor run was a great call by Oakland. They caught us with a great play call. That happens sometimes. I thought the D played well yesterday. The worst play of the game was the Ben timeout. That sunk us, and killed any chance we had of a comeback. thats all on him. He has to be smarter than that. Even a delay of game penalty would be far less damaging than that.

Im not sure how this game was lost on bad coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

By all means fire Tomlin. And if the next guy doesn't cut it fire him too. Soon we could be just like the Washington Redskins or Tampa Bay or Arizona and have new coaches to complain about every 3-4 years.

Thank God the Rooney's don't follow that stupid management style and don't panic at the first sign or trouble.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    By all means fire Tomlin. And if the next guy doesn't cut it fire him too. Soon we could be just like the Washington Redskins or Tampa Bay or Arizona and have new coaches to complain about every 3-4 years.

Thank God the Rooney's don't follow that stupid management style and don't panic at the first sign or trouble.
    4-11 in our last 15 games. Clearly, that isn't a first sign of trouble. If I'm seeing any type of sign, it's the liklihood that without coaching and player changes this team will get worse before it gets better.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.