Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: Fire Tomlin

  1. #61
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I see no point in firing Tomlin. What I would like to see is the Rooney's allowing Tomlin to decide what HE wants to do. And I'd like to see Tomlin TELL the Steelers what he wants to do.

    Tomlin wanted to keep Arians and was FORCED to "retire" him. Then by many accounts, Tomlin was forced to hire Haley to protect Ben and make the running game more effective, neither of which has occured with any level of consistency.

    So, how about we let Tomlin make decisions and then live or die by them and go from there? If all we have is a figure head, then it doesn't really matter what happens to said head.
    Right or wrong...maybe Tomlin was reomved from making personnel decisions for a reason.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Right or wrong...maybe Tomlin was reomved from making personnel decisions for a reason.
    If that's so then they need to fire Tomlin and get a coach they can trust and then stay out of the new coach's way. Bad things happen to any team when owners constantly meddle in football operations.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Right or wrong...maybe Tomlin was reomved from making personnel decisions for a reason.
    And if he was ... then these OLinemen/DLinemen, etc. personnel decisions that everyone is crying about belong squarely on whomever is calling the shots in that regard; Colbert, ArtII?

    Although I agree that if you don't trust your HC to have input on personnel and Coordinators, it's time to let him go. Might work out better for you and him.

  4. #64
    Offense: We suck because our O-line sucks. Starting Adams at LT ... say no more, right?

    Defense: We suck because our NT sucks, and our splash players aren't splashing.

    You could have Chuck Noll as HC, and Lombardi/Landry as coordinators, and this team would still suck. I thought after last week maybe we were getting better, but this last game proved that wrong.

    It's really pretty simple - we suck because we suck. Meaning our players suck.

    Once you have good players, check that, players that don't suck, then we can fairly evaluate the coaches.

    Blaming the coaches is like blaming the Detroit firefighters for sucking as firefighters when they had no water pressure for their hoses. Can't do it.

    Does ANYONE here think ANY other coaches in the NFL would have us on a playoff path this year (remember ... Adams at LT, and Gilbert/Whimper on the field too - HAHAHAHAHA!)?
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 10-28-2013 at 09:26 PM.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    can someone please tell me an area that has improved since tomlin took over, either with the team or tomlin himself
    Seems like small consolation, but in Tomlin's tenure we added one Lombardi to the world's largest collection of Lombardi's. That is one Lombardi more than 14 teams:

    As of the 2010 Super Bowl, 14 of the 32 NFL teams have never won a Super Bowl (4 have never been in one):
    Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
    Buffalo Bills (0-4)
    Cincinnati Bengals (0-2)
    Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
    Tennessee Titans (0-1)
    San Diego Chargers (0-1)
    Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
    Carolina Panthers (0-1)
    Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
    Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 10-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  6. #66
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    can someone please tell me an area that has improved since tomlin took over, either with the team or tomlin himself
    They're adding all those seats to one part of the stadium. that counts?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #67
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Offense: We suck because our O-line sucks. Starting Adams at LT ... say no more, right?

    Defense: We suck because our NT sucks, and our splash players aren't splashing.

    You could have Chuck Noll as HC, and Lombardi/Landry as coordinators, and this team would still suck. I thought after last week maybe we were getting better, but this last game proved that wrong.

    It's really pretty simple - we suck because we suck. Meaning our players suck.

    Once you have good players, check that, players that don't suck, then we can fairly evaluate the coaches.

    Blaming the coaches is like blaming the Detroit firefighters for sucking as firefighters when they had no water pressure for their hoses. Can't do it.

    Does ANYONE here think ANY other coaches in the NFL would have us on a playoff path this year (remember ... Adams at LT, and Gilbert/Whimper on the field too - HAHAHAHAHA!)?
    No, but they're the ones buying the groceries. Nobody told them to draft some dooby-smoking oaf who reportedly drove to the Steelers offices and begged them to reconsider him. No one told them to draft reach and draft Worilds over a Sean Lee. Nor a pass rushing LB with a bigger midsection than Hampton. And I'm not saying I wouldn't have done any/all of those things.

    My point is, they made their own bed. It isn't like they aren't the ones selecting these bums.

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,550
    And having said that, believe me, I agree with you--it's all about the players. If we were able to draft a Joe Greene-type wrecker onto our front 7, we'd suddenly start to look real good. We replace our LT with Joe Thomas, and watch our offense shine.

  9. #69
    It's not all about the players. Yes, there are some players who ought to be replaced. But the coaching staff plainly isn't doing what they ought to do to prepare or help the players.

    For instance, the defense obviously didn't begin the game ready to defend Oakland's read-option attack. Now they made adjustments, and shut it down in the second half...but why didn't they BEGIN the game playing that way? Exactly what were LeBeau and Tomlin working on the week before the game?

    And I don't even want to start on Haley's red-zone play-calling and our clock management issues...

  10. #70
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,172
    One of the issues is that it's very difficult to replace the # of high quality players the Steelers lost. There is not a GM or coach on the planet that could had replaced those high quality personnel losses in a short time period.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •