Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns open as 2-pt favorites

Browns open as 2-pt favorites

If you didn't know how far the Steelers have fallen, this should do the trick. Yesterday's tooth and nail win over the worst team in football firmly planted the Steelers in the category of "bottom feeder".

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/10...ites-steelers/

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If you didn't know how far the Steelers have fallen, this should do the trick. Yesterday's tooth and nail win over the worst team in football firmly planted the Steelers in the category of "bottom feeder".

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/10...ites-steelers/
    3-2 is not bottom feeder status...relax.

They controlled the game against the jags and when they won the game they had another scoring chance if they needed it. Ben nursing a sore hand the defense that "was on pace for 4 ints" got 2 big ones

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    3-2 is not bottom feeder status...relax.
    The eyeballs say they are a bottom feeder. The schedule has us at 3-2, which is good enough for the lemmings I suppose.

Underdogs to Hoyer and a rag-tag Browns team that is probably a 6-win club themselves.

Pro Bowler
    the difference between being 2 point favorites and 2 point dogs is the browns playing at home.....a place where ben has thrived.

it was a 3 point game last time...not sure what you would expect. Browns have played virtually every team tough this year.

Oh and those bucs that squeaked by, the same ones that had the falcons drop 56 on them, took the saints to overtime yesterday in one of the best home field venues in sports.....

Maybe they should stop playing the games and do a madden super-sim of the year

I think this is more about the Browns improving. The Browns are 5 points away from being undefeated, and simply aren't the pushovers that we are used to seeing. They are still learning how to win, but I'm not surprised at all by this opening line.

Quote Originally Posted by AxnJxn View Post
    I think this is more about the Browns improving. The Browns are 5 points away from being undefeated, and simply aren't the pushovers that we are used to seeing. They are still learning how to win, but I'm not surprised at all by this opening line.
    I'd say they took a huge step in learning how to win yesterday. Do you see this version of the Steelers even being competitive if they were down 25 points?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Instead of thinking "look how far we have fallen", my immediate reaction was "this is good, I'd much rather be the underdog".

Pro Bowler
    If the Offense isn't close to 100% better this Sunday at 1:00; the 2 point spread will look like nothing compared to whooping the Browns put on the Steelers. Now, if the Carolina O shows up the Steelers should be good to go and 4-2. Hopefully they won't be caught off guard by the no huddle from last games 2nd half.

We're sitting at 3-2..... We've fallen? lol... maybe the sky is for some...

I'm fully expecting to go up to 4-2, unless the refs beat us, or beat ourselves.

This is a divisional game against a hated opponent.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

It's showing -2.5 now so apparently the money was going towards the Browns and it was already enough money to swing .5 point. The home team typically gets 3 points automatically so the line tells me that the best odds makers on the planet think this game is going to be extremely close and could go either way.

As far as being a bottom feeder.... idk with this team anymore. I've felt the same way for a long time. Anyone that thinks the Browns are a bottom feeder team and the Steelers are not... are simply lying to themselves. I think the Steelers are playing at about or even below the Browns level right now and I think the spread is accurately showing that.