Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Young money

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and we can continue to watch Ben get pummeled behind a below average offensive line. The greatest WR in the world is useless if the QB can't get them the ball. If we have a Top 10 pick and spend it on anything other than a Left Tackle then the entire Front Office needs to be out on the street.
    I agree, unless the top two tackles are already off the board. If we can get a corner I may stay put otherwise, I'd probably trade out of the top ten. I'm a little out of college ball this year, but I'm not really excited by anyone either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Having a WR that is essentially open, even when covered, will make the OL play better in itself, as the QB won't have to wait for his WR's to get open for so long.

With 2 first rounders & 2 second rounders, not to mention trading for another former 1st round OT - at what point do you need to give this investment time to succeed?
    Chadman, I had been a proponent of letting the line grow earlier in the year, but after watching them to this point, I think if the Steelers get a shot at an elite OT, they have to take it.

This team has a ton of needs. I would put a big WR just behind an elite OT. They need at least one defensive lineman if not 2. Probably need an ILB. A young TE to groom behind Heath would be nice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Yeah, if the guy is 30, coming off a serious knee injury and his replacement was going to have to be drafted sooner rather than later anyway. I mean half of SteelerNation is upset because we strayed away from the system by waiting too long to draft replacements for the previous "stars" and didn't develop the replacements we drafted soon enough (because we were too busy sticking with the stars for one last run).
    Well, put your heart where your mouth is ... Heath is hurt, may never be the same ... don't cry if they draft his replacement and actually develop the kid while Heath is still playing. And I'm not saying Heath is done .. I recognize he isn't fully back from the injury .. "BUT" what if he never does come back fully? We should just give him a pass because he "WAS" one of the best at his position (he's not NOW, and may never be again)?
    lol... don't you talk bad about Heeeath. Anyone but Heeeath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... don't you talk bad about Heeeath. Anyone but Heeeath.
    Yes, how dare fans care for a player who works hard and doesn't showboat like a fool: How dare they not criticize him as much as an overpaid midget receiver who lost focus on a crucial third down catch?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yes, how dare fans care for a player who works hard and doesn't showboat like a fool: How dare they not criticize him as much as an overpaid midget receiver who lost focus on a crucial third down catch?
    Sorry but Heath is old money and he isn't above criticism.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sorry but Heath is old money and he isn't above criticism.
    No, he isn't above criticism, but your boy Brown was far more of a liability.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Those two drops in 4th Q were crucial..if AB84held on to them...i think Steelers win...

With Steelers picking in Top-10 i hope they go after a LT or a stud WR.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree... but I was responding to a different post when you quoted me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Really? Our offense can't score. points are what lose games. I didn't see the game, but I did see that we caused a couple of turnovers. I'm pretty sure we looked pathetic across the board, but our offense needs to start scoring points. We are 28th in the league at scoring points averaging just over 17ppg. That is pathetic
    You can't come to a must-win game, and give up a 93 yard run 7 seconds into the game!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You can't come to a must-win game, and give up a 93 yard run 7 seconds into the game!
    and I suppose that was obviously the scheme of an over-the-hill D-Coordinator responsible for that.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!