Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Young money

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Young money

Lots of blame to go around today - but I'm wondering if our receivers could have been ANY less impressive.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It seems like the drops are contagious, once it start it don't stop.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm .... Seems everyone's favorite TE (Mine too btw) dropped a pass in a crucial situation ... don't see a thread dedicated to "OLD RELIABLE". But, I'm sure that one of you will say something like "Heath's still hurt" ... Tough .. if he's out there, he agreed to be out there and he should perform ... btw, it's his KNEE that was hurt, not his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Hmmmmm .... Seems everyone's favorite TE (Mine too btw) dropped a pass in a crucial situation ... don't see a thread dedicated to "OLD RELIABLE". But, I'm sure that one of you will say something like "Heath's still hurt" ... Tough .. if he's out there, he agreed to be out there and he should perform ... btw, it's his KNEE that was hurt, not his hands.
    can't bash the hero

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    can't bash the hero
    Why not? He's got to catch that ball.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Not bashing ... just pointing out a fact that got ignored and gets ignored whenever Heath has a drop. It's not a "YOUNG MONEY" thing ... This team .. while, I want to say they underperform ... They .. dare I say it .."CHOKE" as a team this year. It's not usually one person. When they lose, it's like an onslaught of mistakes. Now, this would be somewhat acceptable/understandable if it was the YOUNG guys (read Rookies/new starters), but it seems like it's the old guard that are messing up the most in crucial situations.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Heath hasn't been looking like Heath lately.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Heath hasn't been looking like Heath lately.
    And the "old" Steelers would look at that and say ... it's time to get another TE or BIG WR in the draft. Not a Tomlin basher, but I will say that during his era for whatever reason, they have been loathe to draft "competition" for the starters ... that's not the way to stay relevant

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    can't bash the hero
    Heath had a big drop, but your boy Antonio Brown once again came up small in a big situation. Not to mention, he made a boneheaded play running out of bounds at the end of the first half, allowing the Raiders to save a time out. It turned out not to matter as Cortez Allen picked the next pass, leading to another Suisham miss, but Brown showed very poor judgment.

As for Sanders, I can't understand why the feel the continued need to throw the deep ball to him. That pass has what, a 10% completion rate. He is an intermediate receiver, a poor man's Santonio Holmes.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Heath had a big drop, but your boy Antonio Brown once again came up small in a big situation. Not to mention, he made a boneheaded play running out of bounds at the end of the first half, allowing the Raiders to save a time out. It turned out not to matter as Cortez Allen picked the next pass, leading to another Suisham miss, but Brown showed very poor judgment.

As for Sanders, I can't understand why the feel the continued need to throw the deep ball to him. That pass has what, a 10% completion rate. He is an intermediate receiver, a poor man's Santonio Holmes.
    Sooo, Heath gets a pass with the "but others did this and others did that"? Heath had a Biiiig drop. It's unusual for him, but it happened and it wasn't the first MISTAKE he has made since coming back. If I'm the Steelers, I'm hoping he comes back to himself by the end of the year ... "BUT", I'm also looking for a younger version of Heath in the draft. The one thing YOUNG MONEY, as Y'all still call them has over Heath is YOUTH ... they can continue to grow .. Heath, however is on the downside of his career and it's prudent to start looking for his replacement ... Heck, after last year and this, NOBODY's job should be safe ... Not even Heeeeaaaaath