Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Young money

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    And the "old" Steelers would look at that and say ... it's time to get another TE or BIG WR in the draft. Not a Tomlin basher, but I will say that during his era for whatever reason, they have been loathe to draft "competition" for the starters ... that's not the way to stay relevant
    I don't think this is a sign of his decline. I think he's just still shaking off the rust from the injury. Just my opinion.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,764
    I guess, regardless of the fact that a guy is one of the best in the league at his respective positions, we should just go ahead and draft his replacement right away. Like the Pirates do.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I guess, regardless of the fact that a guy is one of the best in the league at his respective positions, we should just go ahead and draft his replacement right away. Like the Pirates do.
    Yeah, if the guy is 30, coming off a serious knee injury and his replacement was going to have to be drafted sooner rather than later anyway. I mean half of SteelerNation is upset because we strayed away from the system by waiting too long to draft replacements for the previous "stars" and didn't develop the replacements we drafted soon enough (because we were too busy sticking with the stars for one last run).
    Well, put your heart where your mouth is ... Heath is hurt, may never be the same ... don't cry if they draft his replacement and actually develop the kid while Heath is still playing. And I'm not saying Heath is done .. I recognize he isn't fully back from the injury .. "BUT" what if he never does come back fully? We should just give him a pass because he "WAS" one of the best at his position (he's not NOW, and may never be again)?

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    That lack of a "Go To" WR still pops up during game situations. Even with questions regarding OL & DL, if the Steelers get a shot at a legit #1 WR type, that's the direction Chadman wants to go.

    Then a NT.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That lack of a "Go To" WR still pops up during game situations. Even with questions regarding OL & DL, if the Steelers get a shot at a legit #1 WR type, that's the direction Chadman wants to go.

    Then a NT.
    If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Yeah, if the guy is 30, coming off a serious knee injury and his replacement was going to have to be drafted sooner rather than later anyway. I mean half of SteelerNation is upset because we strayed away from the system by waiting too long to draft replacements for the previous "stars" and didn't develop the replacements we drafted soon enough (because we were too busy sticking with the stars for one last run).
    Well, put your heart where your mouth is ... Heath is hurt, may never be the same ... don't cry if they draft his replacement and actually develop the kid while Heath is still playing. And I'm not saying Heath is done .. I recognize he isn't fully back from the injury .. "BUT" what if he never does come back fully? We should just give him a pass because he "WAS" one of the best at his position (he's not NOW, and may never be again)?
    TE is the least of our worries. JJ was the right pick. I would have been happy with a TE later in the draft, but I would have drafted most of the guys that we did draft. I think we had a solid draft overall. Most people just want something to complain about. I get it.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you
    Height & speed. A good big guy beats a good little guy more often than not. We have a lot of little guys. Time to get our AJ Green.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Height & speed. A good big guy beats a good little guy more often than not. We have a lot of little guys. Time to get our AJ Green.

    Agree Chadman. Kept thinking of this while watching C Johnson put on a show for the decade. Hell, I would take someone with half Johnson's talent. The Steelers need AB to develop into that Ward/Welker kind of WR, but a big strong guy for those jump balls would sure help Roethlisberger's game.

  9. #19
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you
    Watkins is a player but he's not exactly a big target. He's only 6'1 and I think that's being very generous.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,699

    We're good enough at WR/TE. We're better off than most

    Our D is what lost this game. (Suisham helped.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •