Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The season is officially over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Right!!...and trading the QB who is going to be 32 next year and counting $18,000,000 towards the 3rd highest cap figure in the league would go a long ways to filling all of those holes.
    They haven't shown me anything to change my mind either. Shed some of the high paid vets salaries and see if we can get some picks for them. Sanders can go also with all the mistakes he made yesterday.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Right!!...and trading the QB who is going to be 32 next year and counting $18,000,000 towards the 3rd highest cap figure in the league would go a long ways to filling all of those holes.
    Except you would have the biggest hole at the most important position...QB. You don't win championships in this league without a high caliber QB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Except you would have the biggest hole at the most important position...QB. You don't win championships in this league without a high caliber QB.
    It can be replaced a lot easier in this new era of the NFL than it use to be. The Steelers won a super bowl with Ben in his second year primarily as a game manager. Get back to being a dominate defense, ground and pound running team, and the position at QB will take care of itself in this coming draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

It can be replaced a lot easier in this new era of the NFL than it use to be. The Steelers won a super bowl with Ben in his second year primarily as a game manager. Get back to being a dominate defense, ground and pound running team, and the position at QB will take care of itself in this coming draft.
    I've been a fan of the Steelers since 1972,and even I realize that the 70's aren't coming back. The ground and pound went the way of the 8 track tape. Today's NFL is a QB driven passing league.

Legend

User Info Menu

D>D> you are a great poster, but I thank God you aren't running this team. What you described is exactly the way not to win a championship in an NFL where passing and scoring are essentially etched into every rule change over the past 5 years.

The 70s are never coming back and that model won't win anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

You don't trade a QB like Ben until you know for sure you have a franchise QB on the roster.

It's crazy talk... sure QB's are coming in on day one and putting up stats but what about consistency?

Legend

User Info Menu

i thought you were willing to wait a half decade or more to right the ship. ben will be long past quality play by then. i havent seen much out of him the last couple years anyway

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i thought you were willing to wait a half decade or more to right the ship. ben will be long past quality play by then. i havent seen much out of him the last couple years anyway

I'd be interested to see where I said wait 5 years to right the ship, but read and imagine what you want.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be interested to see where I said wait 5 years to right the ship, but read and imagine what you want.

well in another post you listed cowhers down years in 1989, 1999 and 2003 and didnt make it to the superbowl until 2005.
    seems like those years you listed are 5 years or more, but hey, its only your own words

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I miss Neil O'donnell.

At least that guy had some timing and accuracy. Ben is showing none of that. He simply cannot make (or won't) the tight throws and timing throws. The WR must be wide open for him to throw it. Now I blame that partly on this corps of WRs that really don't make plays on the ball, not physical enough, drops, etc.