Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The season is officially over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, there is NO ONE that comes close to a Luck in this draft. No way do they trade the franchise QB. that's just absurd. Also, as far as the season being officially over? No, it's not. Especially if SD would continue to falter.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Guys like Andrew Luck come along once a decade (if that), and their are zero guys in this draft like him and no sure things coming out. How did your boy Barkley look yesterday?
    $$

for every luck, there's 3-4 vince youngs, matt leinart,joh freeman, christain ponder etc of the world

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    It can be replaced a lot easier in this new era of the NFL than it use to be. The Steelers won a super bowl with Ben in his second year primarily as a game manager. Get back to being a dominate defense, ground and pound running team, and the position at QB will take care of itself in this coming draft.
    Maybe a short trip to Cleveland may change your mind about QB theory and their importance to a team. They are still looking for one...

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Maybe a short trip to Cleveland may change your mind about QB theory and their importance to a team. They are still looking for one...

Kindle
    Matt Barkley.... he looked awesome vs Dallas a few weeks ago. All that glitters ain't gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

We can still go 11-5, make the playoffs, and win the SuperBowl. Nothing's over til it's over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I hope we don't turn this around this season and blow a chance at a difference making draft pick (in each round). I love this team but I'm not interested in any moral victories this season. The business aspect of this dictates if you have a bad record you get a better shot at the better talent coming out. I'd like to have that opportunity for the first time in well over a decade. Hopefully the FO won't blow it.
    If the Steelers are picking in the top 8, they have a real shot at both the guys listed in my mock. And let me tell you that would go a long way to helping this team. Both those guys I believe are the real deal. And the LT in the first I listed might be the only LT with quick enough feet to be a perrenial pro bowler on the left side.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW: Besides LT, I can only think of two dark horse positions the Steelers may consider. NT could be a target...considering Louis Nix should be sitting there. He should be the next Casey Hampton. The DL hasn't been the same since he left. Also, QB is a position I could see the Steelers picking if the right guy was sitting there.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    BTW: Besides LT, I can only think of two dark horse positions the Steelers may consider. NT could be a target...considering Louis Nix should be sitting there. He should be the next Casey Hampton. The DL hasn't been the same since he left. Also, QB is a position I could see the Steelers picking if the right guy was sitting there.
    I would hate a Nose Tackle in the Top 10. IMO no way they take a QB until they know Ben is one to two years away from leaving. It would create issues.

Left Tackle is obviously the best choice and the best pick we could make.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Top 5-10 would have to be a LT unless someone develops down the stretch. If that is the case...The Steelers should field every offer let someone give up some picks to come get a QB. Then maybe Mike Evans if they sit somewhere in the 10-15 range. Since there isn't any signs of that happening right now...You would think it has to be a Mathews, Lewan, or Kouandjio. Maybe the new injuries on the OL with some shuffling will answer some questions before the year is out.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we get a high pick, I'd hope there's a good QB on the board when we're drafting that someone really wants and would trade down.