Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The season is officially over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I hope we don't turn this around this season and blow a chance at a difference making draft pick (in each round). I love this team but I'm not interested in any moral victories this season. The business aspect of this dictates if you have a bad record you get a better shot at the better talent coming out. I'd like to have that opportunity for the first time in well over a decade. Hopefully the FO won't blow it.
    Yeah, I agree here. I'd hate to see a meaningless hot streak at the end of the year to carry the team to 7-9 or 8-8 and blow a shot at an elite OT. It's a shame that the Steelers traded away their third, which will likely be an early third round pick. I like Schmarko, but losing that pick is going to sting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as I hate to say it, I hope we don't turn this around this season and blow a chance at a difference making draft pick (in each round). I love this team but I'm not interested in any moral victories this season. The business aspect of this dictates if you have a bad record you get a better shot at the better talent coming out. I'd like to have that opportunity for the first time in well over a decade. Hopefully the FO won't blow it.
    Blow it by winning?? I expect the Steelers to win. Every. Single. Time. It sucks that they aren't winning now, but this thinking is too smart by half IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Cowher had the proper pedigree ... he was "from" the Burgh .. he was whi ... nevermind not gonna go there

tomlin had the right pedigree to get his job too

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the season was over officially when we were 0-4.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Cowher had the proper pedigree ... he was "from" the Burgh .. he was whi ... nevermind not gonna go there
    Do you really think that if Cowher was in the place of Tomlin right now that nobody would be calling for him to be fired? I recall greater fan scrutiny on him than we have seen for Tomlin so far.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Do you really think that if Cowher was in the place of Tomlin right now that nobody would be calling for him to be fired? I recall greater fan scrutiny on him than we have seen for Tomlin so far.
    The younguns have not been exposed to the frustration in these parts over Cowher's slobbering bone-headed "impose our will" RTFM again and again when it wasn't working. There was baying for his head.

We don't care about the color of our coaches. We care that they win, and we care that they appear to care to want to win.
    We've seen bad Noll years and there was baying for his blood.
    We've seen bad Cowher years, his last one being one of those. Many (including myself) were somewhat relieved when he moved on, once he appeared to have lost his Mojo.
    We've seen more bad Tomlin years than I'd care to repeat. I'm not yelling for him to move on -- I'd like to see the Steelers retain their reputation as a stable place for coaches, but the current track of not learning from experience, not being able to motivate the players, and being perpetually underprepared will have to change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers have deficiencies in coaching on the sidelines. I don't care about "talent" or "execution" arguments...I'm pointing my finger there. The investment has been made in personnel...You can't turn that over. I'm done with experiment or philosophy or change...It doesn't work. I'm done with trying to fit players in a system...Build the system around the players. Get rid of Haley & Bicknell. Give Butler more control...It is time. It's like watching a kid on a bicycle trying to win a dirt bike race.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BTW...Did anyone else see Haley sneak a dip on TV? I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't promote Tabacco products or allow players & coaches to use on the sideline. I'm sure Rooney or Tomlin will have a problem as well. Can't be 100% sure but it looked like a pouch to me. Am I going to hear "Are you kidding me?" Yes...Absolutely! Offensive struggles all season & down 21-3 and you put in a pinch while the he Steelers O is on the field? Petty? Call it that if you want...But coaches should be held to the same standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can we start talking about the draft? I'd really like to get a good Left tackle.
    Some of us saw this a long time ago....and have already been talking draft.... Just wait till the off season. There's gonna be a lot of Steelers fans on the idea of trading Ben Roethlisberger. Imagine that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Right now, the Steelers would pick no worse than 8th, so hopefully they'll be able to get a franchise LT. This team has a ton of holes, but solidifying LT would help a lot.
    Right!!...and trading the QB who is going to be 32 next year and counting $18,000,000 towards the 3rd highest cap figure in the league would go a long ways to filling all of those holes.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash