Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray "The Ripper" Lewis on ESPN - need to vent and get this off my chest

Backup

User Info Menu

Ray "The Ripper" Lewis on ESPN - need to vent and get this off my chest

Some of you will agree with me and some you will flame and say leave the guy alone it's in the past, he paid his debt yada yada yada...

WTF is ESPN thinking??? The sight of Ray Lewis seriously makes me ill... I hate him with every fiber of my being... This scumbag left two human beings lying in the street bleeding to death and basically got away with it... He got back in his limo and callously left two precious humans to die like animals. Not only got away with it, but was SB MVP shortly thereafter... and since, ESPN and the media have purposely built up this piece of human garbage and now parade him on national TV like he is someone to be looked up to and idolized. I followed the case closely and read the everything that was made public... Witnesses have said that Ray got back in the Limo and told everyone that quote "My football career isn't going to end like this"... as two human beings were lying in the street dying... This can't be said enough times... Him playing football was more important then those two young men's lives. How vicious and cold can you get??? No one was ever convicted of these horrific murders and now Lewis is trotted out on national TV like nothing ever happened. What a strange and sad society we live in...

Legend

User Info Menu

with all due respect please

s
    t
    f
    u

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry Cap, I know that was rude but I get really upset when Steeler fans act like they truly cared about those 2 men who lost their lives.

We have no idea if they were angels, killers, thugs, priest, etc... Did Ray do the right thing? Probably not. Would I do something similar if intoxicated and my career is on the line because a few people in my entourage that I may or may not even know that well acted violently and jeopardized my rep? Probably...

how did you feel about the other 14,000+ who were killed every year since Ray's incident? I wish people (especially Steeler fans) would stfu about this incident and stop faking like they truly cared about the victims.. the only thing people care about is wanting Ray to go down...

..and these same fans will defend Ben all day long when someone screams out rapist.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sorry Cap, I know that was rude but I get really upset when Steeler fans act like they truly cared about those 2 men who lost their lives.

We have no idea if they were angels, killers, thugs, priest, etc... Did Ray do the right thing? Probably not. Would I do something similar if intoxicated and my career is on the line because a few people in my entourage that I may or may not even know that well acted violently and jeopardized my rep? Probably...

how did you feel about the other 14,000+ who were killed every year since Ray's incident? I wish people (especially Steeler fans) would stfu about this incident and stop faking like they truly cared about the victims.. the only thing people care about is wanting Ray to go down...

..and these same fans will defend Ben all day long when someone screams out rapist.
    Ray isn't "going down" at this point...but I do suspect he got away with murder, and it does concern me that injustice may have been done in this case. I feel no need to apologize for those feelings...

...and I'm not one who "defended Ben all day long" when the allegations were made against him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Ray isn't "going down" at this point...but I do suspect he got away with murder, and it does concern me that injustice may have been done in this case. I feel no need to apologize for those feelings...

...and I'm not one who "defended Ben all day long" when the allegations were made against him.
    I have no idea if he did or didn't.. but that day is long gone. I'm just tired of hearing people whine about the former players on NFLN and ESPN.

Backup

User Info Menu

with all due respect please

s
    t
    f
    u

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Some of you will agree with me and some you will flame and say leave the guy alone it's in the past, he paid his debt yada yada yada...

WTF is ESPN thinking??? The sight of Ray Lewis seriously makes me ill... I hate him with every fiber of my being... This scumbag left two human beings lying in the street bleeding to death and basically got away with it... He got back in his limo and callously left two precious humans to die like animals. Not only got away with it, but was SB MVP shortly thereafter... and since, ESPN and the media have purposely built up this piece of human garbage and now parade him on national TV like he is someone to be looked up to and idolized. I followed the case closely and read the everything that was made public... Witnesses have said that Ray got back in the Limo and told everyone that quote "My football career isn't going to end like this"... as two human beings were lying in the street dying... This can't be said enough times... Him playing football was more important then those two young men's lives. How vicious and cold can you get??? No one was ever convicted of these horrific murders and now Lewis is trotted out on national TV like nothing ever happened. What a strange and sad society we live in...
    If you're looking for persons of good character to admire then you should probably steer clear of athletes and politicians.

Backup

User Info Menu

You'd "probably" do the same? Wow just wow... like I said we live in a crazy and sad society... it doesn't matter who they were... they were human beings that died like animals... get it? nuff said...

My outrage has ZERO to do with football, Ravens rivalry or anything connected to football. If this was one of the Steelers or any other NFL player my sense of outrage would be just the same... And yes I am truly outraged... not fake or feigned outrage for this incident, AND the other thousands of senseless acts of violence that have occurred since... I have lost a friend via an execution style shooting... You see, myself and many other like minded decent human beings DO have real empathy for the misfortunate souls that have been victims of these horrific crimes. Lewis's actions and decisions make him a despicable human being no better then say Ray Carruth, OJ Simpson or an Aaron Hernandez. What ESPN is doing is just so wrong on so many levels...

Legend

User Info Menu

I see nothing positive that comes out of focusing on the defects of other human beings. There is much injustice in the world that we choose to ignore. But, we focus on certain issues. Those issues we tend to gravitate around tell us less about the person we are judging and more about us.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I see nothing positive that comes out of focusing on the defects of other human beings. There is much injustice in the world that we choose to ignore. But, we focus on certain issues. Those issues we tend to gravitate around tell us less about the person we are judging and more about us.
    you said it much better than I could... focusing on Ray Lewis in 2013 when he gets 5 to 10 minutes of face time that you don't even have to watch is hilarious.