Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray "The Ripper" Lewis on ESPN - need to vent and get this off my chest

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    You'd "probably" do the same? Wow just wow... like I said we live in a crazy and sad society... it doesn't matter who they were... they were human beings that died like animals... get it? nuff said...

My outrage has ZERO to do with football, Ravens rivalry or anything connected to football. If this was one of the Steelers or any other NFL player my sense of outrage would be just the same... And yes I am truly outraged... not fake or feigned outrage for this incident, AND the other thousands of senseless acts of violence that have occurred since... I have lost a friend via an execution style shooting... You see, myself and many other like minded decent human beings DO have real empathy for the misfortunate souls that have been victims of these horrific crimes. Lewis's actions and decisions make him a despicable human being no better then say Ray Carruth, OJ Simpson or an Aaron Hernandez. What ESPN is doing is just so wrong on so many levels...
    Yes.. I would do the same. I'm not one of those "do right dudley" types who monday morning QB's every incident to make myself feel good in a make believe scenario. I've lost a friend or 2 to violence but I'm not above it all to act like I would make perfect decisions if I witnessed or engaged in an unfortunate incident.

In college someone pulled out a gun and started shooting. Did I play hero and save the person who was shot? Hell no.. I RAN like a lil beyotch because I put my life before the life of some intoxicated fools who talked tough but couldn't back it up....and guess what? A big ass 340 pound Guard on the U of Tennessee football team was hiding (poorly I might add) in the next stall and said out loud "my momma said bullets don't have no names"

Get off your high horse.. this isn't a movie and you aren't dying hard.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I just hate the media makes him out to be some angel when we all know thats not true. He's one of the best LBers to ever play the game. I'll give him that... I just can't stand all of Ray's "god" comments and all this BS that the media just adds fuel to the fire. Add to that, I can't stand his dance, his constant crying (late last season).... Most of all, I HATE how the media just adds fuel to the fire.... then Ray adds more fuel.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to admit.. I hated the crying too. lol..

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually think it's funny that Ray Ray is on ESPN and he makes no sense. That tells you everything you need to know about ESPN, the NFL, and their fans right there.

Legend

User Info Menu

My suggestion for anyone that feels so strongly about Ray being on ESPN is to stop watching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It all depends on the media and whether they think it will attract either viewers or clicks. Michael Vick was crucified in the media and in court for killing dogs where Leonard Little ran over and killed a lady and you hardly heard it mentioned. How about Warren Moon constantly using his wife as a punching bag ... never much said about that. Michael Irvin is on one of the networks and as I recall he was involved with drugs and rape.

I don't know what happened with the Ray Lewis incident. I never followed it that closely. I do know that if somebody thinks they can make a buck off of you then your prior reputation doesn't matter.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    My suggestion for anyone that feels so strongly about Ray being on ESPN is to stop watching.
    That would imply common sense...

I can see it now... turns channel, turns right back.. "look at him, look at him... with his fancy clothes and miss-pronounced words... I hate 'em...I HATE EM. *Breaks paper plate over their knee*

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    It all depends on the media and whether they think it will attract either viewers or clicks. Michael Vick was crucified in the media and in court for killing dogs where Leonard Little ran over and killed a lady and you hardly heard it mentioned. How about Warren Moon constantly using his wife as a punching bag ... never much said about that. Michael Irvin is on one of the networks and as I recall he was involved with drugs and rape.

I don't know what happened with the Ray Lewis incident. I never followed it that closely. I do know that if somebody thinks they can make a buck off of you then your prior reputation doesn't matter.
    yep.. they know people will tune in just to stew in their chair while cursing him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have. No interest in what he has to say, or those other morons (Sapp, Sanders, Irvin) on NFLN either. I used to like Sapp as a player but the rest have always been on my top 10 idiot list...and NFLN puts three of them on the stage at once...too much to bear!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yup... That's just what I do... Can't stand to watch their coverage as it is...