Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Ray "The Ripper" Lewis on ESPN - need to vent and get this off my chest

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That would imply common sense...

    I can see it now... turns channel, turns right back.. "look at him, look at him... with his fancy clothes and miss-pronounced words... I hate 'em...I HATE EM. *Breaks paper plate over their knee*

    I boycotted ESPN a long time ago even before they brought Lewis on board...


    From what you've written so far in this thread, pardon me for sounding rude... but if common sense were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose... Common sense says that Ray Lewis was involved in a murder and got away with it... Because he valued his football career more then human life... He could have and should have helped the authorities get the real killers and he chose not do it. It has nothing to do with die hard movies and high horses and what ever else dumb as# point you were trying in vain to make. It has to do with human decency and dignity...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I have no idea if he did or didn't.. but that day is long gone. I'm just tired of hearing people whine about the former players on NFLN and ESPN.
    Yeah, I find myself getting more and more of my NFL news and analysis from online sources, and less and less from NFLN and ESPN. Sometimes I even watch the games with the sound turned down (depending on who's announcing).

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    My suggestion for anyone that feels so strongly about Ray being on ESPN is to stop watching.
    Yep. That's what I do. My remote has several "ignore" buttons on it. They all work well.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  4. #24
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,050
    This scumbag left two human beings lying in the street bleeding to death and basically got away with it
    You mean these two precious,gentle, humans?
    Richard Lollar, 24, and Jacinth Baker, 21. Both had records — Lollar for possession of marijuana, while Baker was wanted for violating probation on gun possession

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You mean these two precious,gentle, humans?
    Richard Lollar, 24, and Jacinth Baker, 21. Both had records — Lollar for possession of marijuana, while Baker was wanted for violating probation on gun possession
    Im not sure I get it...are you saying anyone with a record deserves to die? Those are some pretty heinous offenses...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Im not sure I get it...are you saying anyone with a record deserves to die? Those are some pretty heinous offenses...
    He didn't say that... I think he is pointing out that we have no idea how innocent these guys were on the night they lost their lives.

    Weed possession isn't a serious offense IMO.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you said it much better than I could... focusing on Ray Lewis in 2013 when he gets 5 to 10 minutes of face time that you don't even have to watch is hilarious.
    Some of us are angry, not because of who he is, but what he represents. The gap in society grows larger every day. The almighty dollar cures all ills. Justice wasn't served. Two men, regardless of the content of their character, were murdered and one of the people responsible walks away and is celebrated by the media.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He didn't say that... I think he is pointing out that we have no idea how innocent these guys were on the night they lost their lives.

    Weed possession isn't a serious offense IMO.
    regardless of their past guilt or imagined innocence, you can't just stab people to death and walk away.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,210
    I know it's not popular to say, but Lewis is not a murderer and the fact is he was not going to be charged with the crime. The Atlanta DA was a fool trying to make a name for himself and went after the famous person even though the facts did not support doing so.

    I have lived in Atlanta for a long time. I personally had a discussion with one of the lead investigators in the case. The police literally begged the DA not to charge Ray. He was fully cooperating and the cops did not feel he had been the killer. It was only after the DA went public, against police advice, that Lewis stopped helping and told the DA to go screw himself. He took the misdemeanor charge to get it over with. Made sense to do it, much like Ben settling his case.

    The DA eventually charged 2 other guys - both found not guilty because the DA botched the case so badly. No one has ever been charged. And the guys who were shot were not angels and were actively participating and escalating the brawl that ended their lives. Did they deserve to die? No, but they certainly willingly put themselves in a bad situation that one could have easily foreseen was going to have bad consequences.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I know it's not popular to say, but Lewis is not a murderer and the fact is he was not going to be charged with the crime. The Atlanta DA was a fool trying to make a name for himself and went after the famous person even though the facts did not support doing so.

    I have lived in Atlanta for a long time. I personally had a discussion with one of the lead investigators in the case. The police literally begged the DA not to charge Ray. He was fully cooperating and the cops did not feel he had been the killer. It was only after the DA went public, against police advice, that Lewis stopped helping and told the DA to go screw himself. He took the misdemeanor charge to get it over with. Made sense to do it, much like Ben settling his case.

    The DA eventually charged 2 other guys - both found not guilty because the DA botched the case so badly. No one has ever been charged. And the guys who were shot were not angels and were actively participating and escalating the brawl that ended their lives. Did they deserve to die? No, but they certainly willingly put themselves in a bad situation that one could have easily foreseen was going to have bad consequences.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds as though Ray was NOT one of the many who get away with committing a crime. But there's a murderer out there who needs to be brought to justice. I hate it when these cases go unresolved.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •