Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrelle Pryor Says Steelers Offered to Select Him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Terrelle Pryor Says Steelers Offered to Select Him...

...but he turned them down.

[url]http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/14870057?widget=true[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never been a big fan of Pryor, but this story makes him sound a bit more responsible and a bit less like a d-bag than I thought it would.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's matured. And I suspect Tomlin was blowing smoke if he really told him that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's matured. And I suspect Tomlin was blowing smoke if he really told him that.
    Dunno...makes me wonder if Tomlin, not Colbert, is the one who really holds the power when it comes to draft decisions...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Dunno...makes me wonder if Tomlin, not Colbert, is the one who really holds the power when it comes to draft decisions...
    Oh please...Tomlin isn't even allowed to pick his own OC...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh please...Tomlin isn't even allowed to pick his own OC...
    I know that's been speculated, and it's the popular message board sentiment, but I'm not convinced of it, and it goes against what Tomlin himself said.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I know that's been speculated, and it's the popular message board sentiment, but I'm not convinced of it, and it goes against what Tomlin himself said.
    Here is what Tomlin himself said:

On whether coordinators Bruce Arians and Dick LeBeau will return next season: I anticipate it, but of course, we all understand what the end of the season is about. Movement is apart of it in today’s NFL. We’re going to work to maintain continuity as we always do. We believe that’s a benefit to us. But we also understand things happen and we’ll deal with those things as they arise.”
    Here is what Arians said:

Arians put it this way: While he maintains he had considered retiring before, "when I wasn't offered a contract, it was an easy decision for me."The Steelers simply did not want him to return for a sixth season running the offense.
    And Rooney didn't give him a reason why.
    "I can't answer that question. Only the people there can. That's the business. I know the job we did as a staff. I don't have any regrets."
    ​Tomlin is a good soldier...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes to this. Many fans get down on Tomlin because he doesn't say what they want to hear, but he is the epitome of the "good soldier" who understand who he works for and puts the organization above himself.

I'll take that anyday over an "attention whore" coach who is trying to get into the spotlight and get into print to build a resume for his next job in the broadcast field.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

We'll never know? But there's something that definitely happened in the talent eval dept with the transition from Cowher to Tomlin. All we can know for sure is the Colbert / Cocach relationship/power structure seems to be different under each coach. Still don't know what that means.

Also worth noting, Tomlin's only really good draft was his first. So maybe he's been taking more control?

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin himself said it was his decision: [URL]http://sports-kings.com/downanddistance/mike-tomlin-says-replacing-bruce-arians-with-todd-haley-was-his-decision/[/URL].
    I think Tomlin fits the profile of someone who sometimes makes sudden, impulsive decisions (re. his firing of Al Everest 2 weeks before the regular season).

Not saying Tomlin wasn't feeling any pressure from Rooney. But that doesn't mean he wasn't the one making the call.