Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers mulling waiver claim on TE Moeaki

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    That's why I asked if he was a good blocker. We have Miller and Paulson (and Will Johnson as a H-back/TE) who are all supposed to be receiving threats. Do we really need another TE "receiving threat"? I mean, how many of these guys are you going to have on the field at the same time?
    Moeaki is a much better receiver than Paulson. I would have to assume a better blocker as well since Paulson really struggles in that area.

Hall of Famer
    So who goes? Palmer? Gordon? We have 9 LBs & 6 CBs...What is 5 TEs or 5.5 if you count Johnson? I'm ok with it if he could get on the field over the next couple weeks. I think it is time to stop hoarding TEs before the NFL mandates the Steelers to do a TV series about it. Moeaki has the same amount of catches with the Steelers as Palmer & Gordon. Dispose of one of them for Moeaki & I'm good with the signing. With Bell starting to look comfortable out there...12 personnel PA or even 22 personnel PA could really start to get big chunks & keep BB clean.

If he is healthy, Moeaki can be a weapon. If if he is not all the way back this year, I'd be surprised if he wasn't better than Palmer, Gordon or Paulson.

His health is the unknown, but if he can get no the field, he could be a nice pairing with Heath.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    So who goes? Palmer? Gordon? We have 9 LBs & 6 CBs...What is 5 TEs or 5.5 if you count Johnson? I'm ok with it if he could get on the field over the next couple weeks. I think it is time to stop hoarding TEs before the NFL mandates the Steelers to do a TV series about it. Moeaki has the same amount of catches with the Steelers as Palmer & Gordon. Dispose of one of them for Moeaki & I'm good with the signing. With Bell starting to look comfortable out there...12 personnel PA or even 22 personnel PA could really start to get big chunks & keep BB clean.
    I still prefer 11 personnel...Le'Veon, Heath, Antonio, Manny, and Markus (when healthy...Jerricho when not). Unlike some other Steeler backs of recent vintage, I don't think that Bell is necessarily better with a FB in front of him, and extra TE's just seem to clog up more people in the box...better to spread 'em out and give Bell some open lanes to run though.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    ...better to spread 'em out and give Bell some open lanes to run though.
    I'd like to see more of this as well.

Legend
    I still prefer 11 personnel...Le'Veon, Heath, Antonio, Manny, and Markus (when healthy...Jerricho when not). Unlike some other Steeler backs of recent vintage, I don't think that Bell is necessarily better with a FB in front of him, and extra TE's just seem to clog up more people in the box...better to spread 'em out and give Bell some open lanes to run though.
    I agree, but I think that the performance of the OL is dictating the extra TE versus WR. If we had better Offensive Tackles then I think we could go with the extra WR and be a much better offense. Just like the last 4-5 years the OL is holding this offense back.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    I would like 11 more & the staff may as well...but I think how the OL performs will dictate that. Johnson could be on the sideline when they run zone and Bell looked pretty darn good finding the lanes. I agree...Bell could do well without a FB too. Given the OL play, what Bell has shown me, & personnel...I think 12 personnel would keep the D on their heels best IF they could find a TE who could Block & Catch. Right now, their 22 & 12 package has Adams at TE & it worked real well against the Ravens. Spaeth would give the other dimension if they plug him in at Adams spot & perhaps Moeaki would do the same. Spaeth is a better blocker but Moeaki is a better receiver. He would really keep the FS backside defending the seam. Lets see if he is healthy or if Spaeth even makes it back.