Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what, all of a sudden William Gay is Rod Woodson?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So what, all of a sudden William Gay is Rod Woodson?

I'd just like to point out another Guy who has exceeded expectations in a big way so far....and that's Gay. The man has played like a bona fide NFL cornerback for a few games in a row now. Like the nickel defense with 6 DBs we rolled out this week: Ike, Gay, Allen, Troy, Clark, and Shark.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No No No!! Rod Woodson is William Gay!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    No No No!! Rod Woodson is William Gay!!
    Maybe in a few years we can say that the Woodson kid belongs in the same sentence as the vaunted WILLIAM GAY. (his name must be in larger letters because the regular sized font is too small to capture his greatness).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was my main concern on defense going into the season. Glad it's been working out.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    He was my main concern on defense going into the season. Glad it's been working out.
    My main concern was Ziggy and McClendon. At least we've addressed Ziggy with Heyward. And McClendon hasn't been getting snaps. I don't think that's any coincidence. Heck at the beginning of the season, I was more concerned about the DLine than the OLine. Both seem to be evolving in the right direction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My main concern was Ziggy and McClendon. At least we've addressed Ziggy with Heyward. And McClendon hasn't been getting snaps. I don't think that's any coincidence. Heck at the beginning of the season, I was more concerned about the DLine than the OLine. Both seem to be evolving in the right direction.
    yea, they have been playing with only 2 D Lineman. I like the results of DL's new scheme.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Fans have a hard time getting a bead on Gay because he is notoriously inconsistent. He can look solid one season and be a problem the next. I have always felt he hasn't gotten a fair shake because of this...but there is no doubt he has the talent to play the position. Maybe it's the Lake effect kicking in...who knows.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Fans have a hard time getting a bead on Gay because he is notoriously inconsistent. He can look solid one season and be a problem the next. I have always felt he hasn't gotten a fair shake because of this...but there is no doubt he has the talent to play the position. Maybe it's the Lake effect kicking in...who knows.
    He's always been a physical corner. In the past some of his more notable "gaffes" have been via heinous mismatches that he himself could not control. A good example would be when he was massacred by Gronkowski. Fans have keyed on those moments and as you mention above never really gave him a fair shake. Add in Lake and some solid DB coaching and everyone sees what we're now getting. Very high character guy with a good motor, above average tackling and now some coverage skills to match.

Legend

User Info Menu

My head may tell me you guys are right, but I just keep having these mental images of his losing games for us a few years ago (not to mention the AP bug-on-back-waving-legs pose). I know it's not fair, but it's going to take either a long time, or some game saving defends for me to get past that.

It'd be similar to if Adams started blooming into a killer Left Corner over the next season or two ... it would take a while for the bad memories to be washed away ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    My head may tell me you guys are right, but I just keep having these mental images of his losing games for us a few years ago (not to mention the AP bug-on-back-waving-legs pose). I know it's not fair, but it's going to take either a long time, or some game saving defends for me to get past that.

It'd be similar to if Adams started blooming into a killer Left Corner over the next season or two ... it would take a while for the bad memories to be washed away ...
    If Adams becomes a killer left corner, he'll have an obvious height advantage.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE