Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: So what, all of a sudden William Gay is Rod Woodson?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,175

    So what, all of a sudden William Gay is Rod Woodson?

    I'd just like to point out another Guy who has exceeded expectations in a big way so far....and that's Gay. The man has played like a bona fide NFL cornerback for a few games in a row now. Like the nickel defense with 6 DBs we rolled out this week: Ike, Gay, Allen, Troy, Clark, and Shark.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,621
    No No No!! Rod Woodson is William Gay!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    No No No!! Rod Woodson is William Gay!!
    Maybe in a few years we can say that the Woodson kid belongs in the same sentence as the vaunted WILLIAM GAY. (his name must be in larger letters because the regular sized font is too small to capture his greatness).

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630
    He was my main concern on defense going into the season. Glad it's been working out.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    He was my main concern on defense going into the season. Glad it's been working out.
    My main concern was Ziggy and McClendon. At least we've addressed Ziggy with Heyward. And McClendon hasn't been getting snaps. I don't think that's any coincidence. Heck at the beginning of the season, I was more concerned about the DLine than the OLine. Both seem to be evolving in the right direction.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,082
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My main concern was Ziggy and McClendon. At least we've addressed Ziggy with Heyward. And McClendon hasn't been getting snaps. I don't think that's any coincidence. Heck at the beginning of the season, I was more concerned about the DLine than the OLine. Both seem to be evolving in the right direction.
    yea, they have been playing with only 2 D Lineman. I like the results of DL's new scheme.

  7. #7
    Fans have a hard time getting a bead on Gay because he is notoriously inconsistent. He can look solid one season and be a problem the next. I have always felt he hasn't gotten a fair shake because of this...but there is no doubt he has the talent to play the position. Maybe it's the Lake effect kicking in...who knows.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Fans have a hard time getting a bead on Gay because he is notoriously inconsistent. He can look solid one season and be a problem the next. I have always felt he hasn't gotten a fair shake because of this...but there is no doubt he has the talent to play the position. Maybe it's the Lake effect kicking in...who knows.
    He's always been a physical corner. In the past some of his more notable "gaffes" have been via heinous mismatches that he himself could not control. A good example would be when he was massacred by Gronkowski. Fans have keyed on those moments and as you mention above never really gave him a fair shake. Add in Lake and some solid DB coaching and everyone sees what we're now getting. Very high character guy with a good motor, above average tackling and now some coverage skills to match.

  9. #9
    My head may tell me you guys are right, but I just keep having these mental images of his losing games for us a few years ago (not to mention the AP bug-on-back-waving-legs pose). I know it's not fair, but it's going to take either a long time, or some game saving defends for me to get past that.

    It'd be similar to if Adams started blooming into a killer Left Corner over the next season or two ... it would take a while for the bad memories to be washed away ...


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    My head may tell me you guys are right, but I just keep having these mental images of his losing games for us a few years ago (not to mention the AP bug-on-back-waving-legs pose). I know it's not fair, but it's going to take either a long time, or some game saving defends for me to get past that.

    It'd be similar to if Adams started blooming into a killer Left Corner over the next season or two ... it would take a while for the bad memories to be washed away ...
    If Adams becomes a killer left corner, he'll have an obvious height advantage.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •