Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what, all of a sudden William Gay is Rod Woodson?

Don't get ahead of yourself, it takes a few seasons of proving yourself not just 2 games!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I was recently thinking about that comparison. Especially because he either seems to be finding his game, or finally getting respect, later in his career. Deshea could not beat out the much maligned tandem of Scott/Washington. He was not signed as an RFA one year IIRC, and you heard the usual "see, nobody wants him, thats why we ended up with him" from Steeler fans. He then got more respect as his career went on. To the point where it was tragic when he finally hung them up. Typical situation...no good while playing in Pittsburgh, but irreplaceable when he leaves.
    I have been trying to tell everyone it's the Lake Effect...,make no mistake, the guy knows how to coach them up......

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I have been trying to tell everyone it's the Lake Effect...,make no mistake, the guy knows how to coach them up......

I dont really see that much difference in Gay now vs earlier in his career. So I don't know what credit Lake deserves in Gay. But he definitely deserves some kudos for getting Lewis going and Allen and Shark on the field and contributing so early. Probably with Golden who's looked solid in spots. And I also think Ryan Clark got significantly better last season.

Along with Gay, I don't know what the difference is in Ike or Troy's game either?