Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeCastro, Gay receive top PFF marks

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder how big a swing you would have in these ranking if not for the other team's failures. For example, if Flacco (best deep ball in the game, $100M QB Joe Flacco) doesn't underthrow that ball into the EZ, Gay gives up a TD instead of breaking up the pass. What does his 2.1 become? I'm not asking to complain about Gay, it is just really curiosity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I wonder how big a swing you would have in these ranking if not for the other team's failures. For example, if Flacco (best deep ball in the game, $100M QB Joe Flacco) doesn't underthrow that ball into the EZ, Gay gives up a TD instead of breaking up the pass. What does his 2.1 become? I'm not asking to complain about Gay, it is just really curiosity.
    I'd like to know that too.......Like u said, it was under-thrown and if not it was 6.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'd like to know that too.......Like u said, it was under-thrown and if not it was 6.

would've had about the same affect as the play the week before where the kid from the jets blew past Ike and Troy on the deep ball...
    if only he had caught it lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Moye had caught the TD, he would have been given a +15.0...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If Moye had caught the TD, he would have been given a +15.0...
    How about Ben? He threw a perfect pass into tight coverage in the EZ, and the receiver dropped it. We all know that in fantasy land his numbers suffered. We also know that his passer rating, that every outlet and analyst uses to measures a QB's effectiveness did not give him credit, but PFF is supposed to measure individual accomplishment. In reality, he should have measured the same as if Moye had caught it. On the flip side, the previous catch by Moye was not a good throw by Ben, and would have been incomplete 90% of the time. Does he get the same credit as if he threw it perfectly?

Way too many variables with the PFF rankings for skill players. I like it better for positions of one-on-one battles like linemen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    How about Ben? He threw a perfect pass into tight coverage in the EZ, and the receiver dropped it. We all know that in fantasy land his numbers suffered. We also know that his passer rating, that every outlet and analyst uses to measures a QB's effectiveness did not give him credit, but PFF is supposed to measure individual accomplishment. In reality, he should have measured the same as if Moye had caught it. On the flip side, the previous catch by Moye was not a good throw by Ben, and would have been incomplete 90% of the time. Does he get the same credit as if he threw it perfectly?
    PFF Game Ball

Efficiency was the key for Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger who finished at +2.5 for the day. The raw numbers won’t show the beautiful pass to WR Derek Moye that was dropped in the end zone and when faced with adversity, Roethlisberger moved the chains and led the Steelers to victory.

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/21/refo-ravens-steelers-week-7/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Rating the plays that are made is dicey enough..... rating plays that weren't made?.... well.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

PFF Game Ball

Efficiency was the key for Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger who finished at +2.5 for the day. The raw numbers won’t show the beautiful pass to WR Derek Moye that was dropped in the end zone and when faced with adversity, Roethlisberger moved the chains and led the Steelers to victory.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/21/refo-ravens-steelers-week-7/[/URL]
    What it doesn't show you is on the play where Ben throws it to Moye in the end zone Anthony Brown was wide open coming over the Miller and would have easily gotten the 1st down and had 1 man to beat for a TD which I'm pretty sure he would have done. While I understand why Ben made the throw he did, and a beautiful throw it was, the correct pass was the guaranteed 1st "dink" to Brown.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

• The Steelers averaged almost 9 yards per carry while running behind right guard David DeCastro in Green Bay. At this time a year ago, the Steelers' 2012 first-round pick was only beginning to play after missing most of the season with a serious knee injury. “I've come a long way since last year — it's a whole different game,” DeCastro said. “It's always nice to have that one (full) year out of the way, so you can understand the game and what it takes to be a successful player.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5145042-74/steelers-game-bell#ixzz2oWfS32dl[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We watched the Steelers game last Sunday against the Packers with DeCastro's parents here in Seattle! Great people. We got to high five them like 5-6 times! Kinda cool!!

He is from a local high school here.