Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers release RB Isaac Redman and sign LB Kion Wilson

Rookie

User Info Menu

Steelers release RB Isaac Redman and sign LB Kion Wilson

Per NFL Network

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kion Wilson?? they need a blocking dummy in practice or something???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a dumb move. With all these injuries to other teams' RB's, he'll be scarfed up in no time..Could've tried a trade first. And Kion? Unreal.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess Kion Wilson will return to being a so-called special teams ace.

As for Redman, I understand it. He was making over $1 million to wear Duce Staley's old sweat suit. Even if Wilson is inactive, he will be cheaper. It wouldn't surprise me to see a team like the Bucs or Giants grab Redman, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he is still out there as a free agent in a few weeks if the Steelers need him. He was a nice role player who was exposed as a starter, nothing more, nothing less.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Redman had his opportunity and Bellcow made it clear he is expendable. Dwyer dodged the long term unemployment bullet...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lest we forget, Dwyer was let go just a few weeks ago when the FO decided to keep Redman.

I would be confused as a player trying to figure out what the lesson there is. Of course it might be something as simple as maybe Dwyer has had a stellar few weeks of practice and Ike not so much.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Redman had his opportunity and Bellcow made it clear he is expendable. Dwyer dodged the long term unemployment bullet...
    This.
    Redman has no one to blame but himself. season, after his late 2011 season, 2 100-yard games, he had the opportunity on a silver platter. He blew it. This season, injury to Bell and releasing Dwyer, he was given a RARE second opportunity to take the job. He blew it.

He has no one to blame. Pack your bags for Arizona, Redman.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Giants or Bucs will suit him up

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great move by the FO! Bell is the man with Jones and Dwyer to back him up. Red simply wasn't needed. They will have Wilson for ST's and as a backup ILB.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure teams will be chomping at the bit for Redman