Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers release RB Isaac Redman and sign LB Kion Wilson

Legend

User Info Menu

Kion Wilson is a f'n joke. He should NEVER put on an NFL uniform again, much less for the Steelers. For goodness sake, did you guys watch him play? Engulfed on every play. Totally out of his depth. Completely overwhelmed. Wastes a roster spot. I thought the Sylvester signing was the end of that debacle.

Redman wasn't adding anything but it makes me sick the Steelers talent evaluators deemed this high school player worthy of a spot. Mind numbing personnel move and it's sad the LB corp has gotten to the point where a dead fish gets the call.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Kion Wilson is a f'n joke. He should NEVER put on an NFL uniform again, much less for the Steelers. For goodness sake, did you guys watch him play? Engulfed on every play. Totally out of his depth. Completely overwhelmed. Wastes a roster spot. I thought the Sylvester signing was the end of that debacle.

Redman wasn't adding anything but it makes me sick the Steelers talent evaluators deemed this high school player worthy of a spot. Mind numbing personnel move and it's sad the LB corp has gotten to the point where a dead fish gets the call.
    well said my friend, well said!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

not to worry my friends... Kion will be on the chopping block again in a few weeks if Spence is anywhere close to being ready to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Kion Wilson?? they need a blocking dummy in practice or something???
    Guessw they got a blocking dummy (Wilson) by releasing a tackling dummy (Redman).

Redman getting cut was long overdue.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    That is a dumb move. With all these injuries to other teams' RB's, he'll be scarfed up in no time..Could've tried a trade first. And Kion? Unreal.
    True. The fourth string RB on the 31st ranked running team is usually taken first in most fantasy pools too!

Don't know if they tried trading him, but I can't see too many bites for a guy like him. The return probably wouldn't be worth the quarter it costs to make the call.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    True. The fourth string RB on the 31st ranked running team is usually taken first in most fantasy pools too!

Don't know if they tried trading him, but I can't see too many bites for a guy like him. The return probably wouldn't be worth the quarter it costs to make the call.
    Yeah, everyone saw what he did...not much. Too bad too because I can remember a few years ago when he fought so hard to get that TD against the Ravens. Made a big impression on me and I wanted him to succeed.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I'm sure teams will be chomping at the bit for Redman
    The owner of the team in Washington might just to make his point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    not to worry my friends... Kion will be on the chopping block again in a few weeks if Spence is anywhere close to being ready to go.
    I was thinking that too. Kion can play ST's and I wonder if they'll have Spence out on that squad initially.