Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With all respect - are the coach haters feeling differently after these past two game

Legend

User Info Menu

With all respect - are the coach haters feeling differently after these past two game

(PS - this post is a snark-free zone!)

We beat two teams that don't suck (after all the Jets just beat the *s), we've shown some creativity (Wildcat, anyone?), there seems to be some discipline on the team that was lacking before, and individual performances are getting better and better (ref: Ben). Additionally to that, we seem to be one of the least penalized teams in the league.

My feeling is that it was mainly lack of personnel - no Heath, no Bell, no Pouncey, who else am I missing - even if Noll/Lombardi/Landry were coaching we would have been hosed. But now with folks coming back ...

But for you guys that thought it was mainly coaching and wanted Tomlin/Haley/Bicknell/LeBeau fired ... are you feeling more optimistic?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

IMHO, there was a tremendous leadership vacuum that was started in 2011 and is ongoing...coaching can help, but players need to make plays and players need to lead on the field...

Just as Cowher went through a difficult transition as his personnel turned over, Tomlin is experiencing something similar...I think that his tendency not to freak out is helpful in this case...a steady hand is needed...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not feeling any different about LeBeau. I believe his time has come to step down. I'm a bit less angry with Tomlin and Haley. I'm willing to now let the season play out before I take another stance on either. But, IMO both are still on the hot seat...it's just a little less hot.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    IMHO, there was a tremendous leadership vacuum that was started in 2011 and is ongoing...coaching can help, but players need to make plays and players need to lead on the field...

Just as Cowher went through a difficult transition as his personnel turned over, Tomlin is experiencing something similar...I think that his tendency not to freak out is helpful in this case...a steady hand is needed...
    I agree for the most part. There was a leadership void...and that has to be taken up by the players...and can be helped by strong coaching. With that said, there have been times when Tomlin has looked like a deer in headlights...just beat up...no answers. If Tomlin can turn this club around, in my mind he will have answered some HUGE questions about his coaching ability.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Not freak out? He took away ping pong, air hockey, the ball pit, and unlimited refills.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Not freak out? He took away ping pong, air hockey, the ball pit, and unlimited refills.
    Sorry. I had forgotten that he had taken such extreme measures.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    it seemed to work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm not feeling any different about LeBeau. I believe his time has come to step down. I'm a bit less angry with Tomlin and Haley. I'm willing to now let the season play out before I take another stance on either. But, IMO both are still on the hot seat...it's just a little less hot.
    I would agree about Haley but I thought the playcalling yesterday was much better. LeBeau is past his "sell by date."

Tomlin is not on the hotseat. He will be here at least another 4-5 years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    (PS - this post is a snark-free zone!)

We beat two teams that don't suck (after all the Jets just beat the *s), we've shown some creativity (Wildcat, anyone?), there seems to be some discipline on the team that was lacking before, and individual performances are getting better and better (ref: Ben). Additionally to that, we seem to be one of the least penalized teams in the league.

My feeling is that it was mainly lack of personnel - no Heath, no Bell, no Pouncey, who else am I missing - even if Noll/Lombardi/Landry were coaching we would have been hosed. But now with folks coming back ...

But for you guys that thought it was mainly coaching and wanted Tomlin/Haley/Bicknell/LeBeau fired ... are you feeling more optimistic?
    Actually, there has been an upgrade in the run game with the ABSENCE of Pouncey!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Actually, there has been an upgrade in the run game with the ABSENCE of Pouncey!
    Pouncey is overrated. I know that term is over used but is he really an "All Pro"??? I just don't see it ...... Todd Haley still sucks IMO.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!