Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With all respect - are the coach haters feeling differently after these past two game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Pouncey is overrated. I know that term is over used but is he really an "All Pro"??? I just don't see it ...... Todd Haley still sucks IMO.
    He had a great rookie season. Since then he has been all name and no production and just getting bull rushed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about props for Bicknell who inserted Guy Whimper as the final piece of the OL puzzle yesterday?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm not feeling any different about LeBeau. I believe his time has come to step down. I'm a bit less angry with Tomlin and Haley. I'm willing to now let the season play out before I take another stance on either. But, IMO both are still on the hot seat...it's just a little less hot.
    I was actually thinking the exact opposite while at the game Sunday re: DL and TH. Steelers make tackles and DL's system works. It's personnel. 100%. I think people that want change want us to be more aggressive and I get that, but I'm not convinced that would work with our personnel. We still have to make tackles. And going aggressive might just put us in a worse position to give up more big plays and I dunno if we'd get enough turnovers to make up for it.

Re: TH, our RZ play calling is still subpar. Our runs and passes are predictable. And he still seems unwilling to allow Ben to move the pocket to make plays. TH is so dead set on getting rid of the ball quickly and I do get how that should help, but I'm not sure if it jives completely with Ben's strengths. It really still feels like there's a struggle between what Haley wants to do and what Ben can do and I'm not sure they're the perfect fit together.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley I'm liking more, DL I'm hating more
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Actually, there has been an upgrade in the run game with the ABSENCE of Pouncey!
    The running game was horrible until we added Bell, Beachum and Whimper.

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked a lot of what Haley did against the Ravens. The wildcat was an interesting wrinkle that clearly caught them off guard. I've gone from being staunchly in the "fire Haley" camp to lukewarm on Haley - I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season.

My big concern with Tomlin was that he never brought the team out of a tailspin. At the end of last year and a few years ago when he was unleashing hell, when the team would hit a rough patch, he would be unable to reverse the trend. For two games at least, he has reversed the trend. Will be interesting to see if he has the team ready to play in Oakland this week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would agree about Haley but I thought the playcalling yesterday was much better. LeBeau is past his "sell by date."

Tomlin is not on the hotseat. He will be here at least another 4-5 years.
    During our "win streak" we are averaging 19-11 and the "offense" gets the love.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nope. Coaches have performance standards just like players. If they turn it around...Then they get credit. Have the last two weeks look to be headed in the right direction? Yes...So credit to them. However...If they lose to the Raiders...Everything over the last two weeks is erased. That is the reality of the whole situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not uncommon to see scores like 51-48, 45-41, or 39-33 in the NFL these days.

LeBeau's defense gives up all of ONE TOUCHDOWN thus far in October, and he's past his sell by date. Gotta love it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Actually, there has been an upgrade in the run game with the ABSENCE of Pouncey!
    and the addition of an actual running back.