Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last time D had a game winning stop?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Last time D had a game winning stop?

I'm trying to remember the last time the D had a game winning stop? 2008 vs Dallas?

Maybe we've had a few since then but it damn sure seems like when we need our D to hold in the 4th quarter they haven't been able to execute. D played well and this doesn't excuse the O for the RZ failures but dammit... I want to see our D go 3 and out or get a key stop with less than 5 minutes to go.

You know it's bad when I felt a little relief right after Sanders stepped out.. my first thought was "well, at least this gives us time to burn clock"

It shouldn't be like that but right now I still don't trust our D to get a key stop when we need it.

Don't get me wrong... they held the Ravens to 3 multiple times but man, that last drive they had a chance to wrap it up and came up short.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe the 2009 Vikings game. Woodley had a fumble return for a TD late in the game + a pick 6 by Fox with a few minutes left.
    That's the last time I remember feeling confident that the Steelers defense would make a play with the game on the line.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cards SB was a pretty big one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    You mean the game where the D allowed 2 4th Q TD's, the second which gave the Cards the lead? The one where they were up 20 - 7 going into the 4th Q?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    if the game was over at half time.. but I can't give them too much credit for the end of the SB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy had a strip-sack of Flacco in I think 2011?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Troy had a strip-sack of Flacco in I think 2011?
    winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! That's it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm trying to remember the last time the D had a game winning stop? 2008 vs Dallas?

Maybe we've had a few since then but it damn sure seems like when we need our D to hold in the 4th quarter they haven't been able to execute. D played well and this doesn't excuse the O for the RZ failures but dammit... I want to see our D go 3 and out or get a key stop with less than 5 minutes to go.

You know it's bad when I felt a little relief right after Sanders stepped out.. my first thought was "well, at least this gives us time to burn clock"

It shouldn't be like that but right now I still don't trust our D to get a key stop when we need it.

Don't get me wrong... they held the Ravens to 3 multiple times but man, that last drive they had a chance to wrap it up and came up short.
    I was hoping for Sanders to take a knee at about the 25 yard line and hand the ball to Ben and the offense to run plays, force timeouts, hopefully pick up a 1st down and kick a FG and leave very little on the clock. If they don't get the first down, then at least Baltimore wouldn't have timeouts, sad but true, I'm fairly certain that an offense playing with urgency will beat our defense nearly 100% of the time.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

To my simple mind, the 2nd half of that game was the first step off the precipice for our D. I'm saying this from the point of view that prior to that, it seemed absolutely certain that when we needed them, they would shut the game down for the win.

From that point on there was a new doubt about whether they could do that, and it only got worse and grew from there until the situation we find ourselves in today.

Flacco had all friggin' day to throw too many times yesterday. It's like he had some supra-quantum force field around him.

I guess maybe their O-line might be considered a phenomenal one, and we actually did pretty well?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In today's NFL to allow only 16 points is a good day. Makes you realize how pathetic 17ppg for our offense is.