Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what, all of a sudden Guy Whimper is Tony Boselli?

Legend

User Info Menu

So what, all of a sudden Guy Whimper is Tony Boselli?

The O line gave so much time yesterday, we almost looked like a normal team. I mean, I almost didn't recognize us!

These last two games are just so encouraging. Never in a million years would I have thought I would feel so good about the team if at a 2-4 record.

I feel good! (Da na na na na na na).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

You know your OL is bad when Guy Whimper can step in and it's an improvement.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

So what do you think happened over the last few weeks? Is it the player or the coaches who made some radical change to take a guy from being so bad he wasn't allowed on the field after an injury to he's now playing tackle and the Ben had the most time to throw of any of the 6 games and it's not even close.

I'm glad be beat expectations and hope it continues but there's something awfully odd with this situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So what do you think happened over the last few weeks? Is it the player or the coaches who made some radical change to take a guy from being so bad he wasn't allowed on the field after an injury to he's now playing tackle and the Ben had the most time to throw of any of the 6 games and it's not even close.

I'm glad be beat expectations and hope it continues but there's something awfully odd with this situation.
    One thing that makes it hard for me to know how this question should be answered is ... how good (or pitiful?) is the Ravens D-line? Including the LBs and safeties, how good (or pitiful?) is their ability to pressure/sack/get to the QB?

If they suck, then our performance definitely needs to be put in perspective. Unfortunately, at least for me, it seems questions like these are much easier to answer at the end of a season than towards the beginning, or even at the start of the 2nd qrtr.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    One thing that makes it hard for me to know how this question should be answered is ... how good (or pitiful?) is the Ravens D-line? Including the LBs and safeties, how good (or pitiful?) is their ability to pressure/sack/get to the QB?

If they suck, then our performance definitely needs to be put in perspective. Unfortunately, at least for me, it seems questions like these are much easier to answer at the end of a season than towards the beginning, or even at the start of the 2nd qrtr.
    Coming into the game, the Ravens were tied for 1st (with KC) in red zone Defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

hmm.. Suggs, Dumervile...

even a banged up Ngata is still a top tier nose tackle. I think they are (at minimum) an above average front. I just think the Steelers OL "SHOCKED THE WORLD" yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    hmm.. Suggs, dumervile...

Even a banged up ngata is still a top tier nose tackle. I think they are (at minimum) an above average front. i just think the steelers ol "shocked the world" yesterday.
    The world ... and The Planet!

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't think any one is comparing Whimper to a great lineman, he's just better than Adams and Gilbert.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's crazy when this team dominates on the Oline with Beachum and Whimper! wtf? wow.

And Foster and Velasco are run blocking very well. I honestly think Velasco has been an uprgrade over Pouncey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    It's crazy when this team dominates on the Oline with Beachum and Whimper! wtf? wow.

And Foster and Velasco are run blocking very well. I honestly think Velasco has been an uprgrade over Pouncey.

I'm with you on Velasco. He's a beast. I hope they keep him around.

I think Beachum has (for the most part) done a solid job. For a late round pick, he was a steal. I think (if given time to develop) he can be a pretty solid left tackle as well.

As far as Whimper goes... how the heck does a guy go from "not physically ready to play" to holding his own against Elvis Dumervil in two or three weeks?