Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what, all of a sudden Guy Whimper is Tony Boselli?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So what do you think happened over the last few weeks? Is it the player or the coaches who made some radical change to take a guy from being so bad he wasn't allowed on the field after an injury to he's now playing tackle and the Ben had the most time to throw of any of the 6 games and it's not even close.

I'm glad be beat expectations and hope it continues but there's something awfully odd with this situation.
    I'll give you the answer in one word ... BEN

All of a sudden he realizes that if he gets the throw off in 2 seconds then the defense has to back off. Once the defense backs off he can get back to "Ben ball". This also opens up the running game because the opponent doesn't always have 8 in the box. The way Ben played in the 2nd half of the Jets game changes the way defenses attack us. They can't just overwhelm our line anymore by sending the house. Ben gets the ball away too quickly for that to work.

I hope Ben continues to play this way. I think he can be extremely successful in this system but I'm still not sure we have the talent surrounding him to take us anywhere.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Velasco is a keeper. Pouncey's injury actually helped the Steelers in the sense that they gained a superb OLman. I'm hoping him or Pouncey can be moved to guard next season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So what do you think happened over the last few weeks? Is it the player or the coaches who made some radical change to take a guy from being so bad he wasn't allowed on the field after an injury to he's now playing tackle and the Ben had the most time to throw of any of the 6 games and it's not even close.
    Its a bunch of things. Teams have to focus more on defending Bell and I think that's changing the overall dynamic. Getting Adams off the field is so big too. And Foster/Fernando/DD are all getting into a groove playing together. I really couldn't believe how well Foster was handling Ngata the whole game. His play was huge Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

At the very least Velasco's play will force the Steelers to think very hard this offseason about their future plans for Pouncey. Wouldn't be shocked by a position switch or an outright release of Pouncey.

Legend

User Info Menu

They won't release a Pro Bowl center in the prime of his career. They may make a trade though.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    They won't release a Pro Bowl center in the prime of his career. They may make a trade though.
    I would LOVE that.
    Dude would be SOOO overvalued.
    And I think he will walk anyway ESPECIALLY if he is moved to guard, ehich is what we should do if he stays.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is what I am hoping for. Like Captain says he is so over rated that we should be able to get a nice pick for him. Velasco is playing at least as well as Pouncey was if not better. We might as well get something for him before he runs away in free agency.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

after an ACL injury? Not sure about his value given his recent injuries...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The guy is also a team captain. The guys in the locker room respect him a lot. Even though he's injured, you still see video of him on the practice field in his brace talking guys through things. FWIW, it might not be a good idea to give away locker room leadership.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yeah, the injury definitely weakens his trade value...he'll have to show that he's back to health before he can be moved for a decent draft pick...