Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what, all of a sudden Guy Whimper is Tony Boselli?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You people are ridiculous. Valasco has performed better than we thought he would but don't forget DeCastro is playing better than he did last year. Our running game came alive last year when Decastro came back. Velasco should be moved to LG and Foster should go back to his natural RT position and fight it out over there. The interior of our line would be incredible. And those of you that think that Pouncey is overrated, this will be the first year of HIS CAREER that he won't be an All Pro. That's not something that fans vote on. His PEERS ranked him as the 49th best PLAYER in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sorry meant only year he doesnt' make the pro bowl. He's been an All pro in the past though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Abdullah!! May be on the cusp of a starting position!?! Never, ever would have guessed it... [URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-vs-raiders-news-and-updates-leading-into-week-8/2013/10/25/5027918/steelers-offensive-line-right-tackle-marcus-gilbert-injury-report-depth-chart[/URL]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    You people are ridiculous. Valasco has performed better than we thought he would but don't forget DeCastro is playing better than he did last year. Our running game came alive last year when Decastro came back. Velasco should be moved to LG and Foster should go back to his natural RT position and fight it out over there. The interior of our line would be incredible. And those of you that think that Pouncey is overrated, this will be the first year of HIS CAREER that he won't be an All Pro. That's not something that fans vote on. His PEERS ranked him as the 49th best PLAYER in the NFL.
    To be honest, I put very little value in the opinions of the players. Think about it...we watch more football than they do. His play has declined throughout the past few years, and the injuries have piled up. I think that it is telling that he has been outperformed - or at least matched in performance - by a guy who just came off his couch. His salary for next season is a shade below $1.3M so he will not be released, but I think that he is in tough if he thinks that he will just be handed a new contract by the team beyond that. And while he may get a huge contract elsewhere, I would not be upset to see him go for that kind of money, and would consider it a mistake for Cleveland, or the Jets, or Oakland, or one of those teams that routinely overpays for players and remains in the cellar.