Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you guys see Woodley get stood up by midget Ray Rice?

Legend

User Info Menu

I was most disappointed in the pass rush towards the end of the game. The Steelers seemed to be getting no pressure at all on the Ravens last drive. Given the lack of an interior or outside rush, I'd like to maybe see some new personnel groups. Steve McClendon is supposed to be a good inside rusher - leave him on the field for a series or two in nickel and see what he does. He couldn't get less pressure than Ziggy Hood. After a nice game last week, Heyward was, unfortunately, a bit more quiet this week.

Starter

User Info Menu

According to reports I read, Heyward was battling the flu all week. He still played well IMO. He bull-rushed a Raven so hard on one play that the guy had to grab him and pull him on top of himself and was called for holding.

For my money, Heyward has looked much better in his limited time than Hood has ever looked. I think Hood is a fine player, but nothing special. I think Heyward has a chance to be really good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    According to reports I read, Heyward was battling the flu all week. He still played well IMO. He bull-rushed a Raven so hard on one play that the guy had to grab him and pull him on top of himself and was called for holding.

For my money, Heyward has looked much better in his limited time than Hood has ever looked. I think Hood is a fine player, but nothing special. I think Heyward has a chance to be really good.
    We were also without JJ this week. I think if he had been in the game, the pass rush would probably have been more sustained throughout the full game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Not to say they can't and shouldn't do better ... but, it was a win, against the Ravens, a divisional foe ... I'll take that over the first 4 games any day.