Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you guys see Woodley get stood up by midget Ray Rice?

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you guys see Woodley get stood up by midget Ray Rice?

I can't swear I actually was right, but I thought I saw Woodley rush in (maybe a blitz), and Rice stood him up like a 10 foot brick wall. If that really happened, it goes a long way towards explaining why our sack total is so low.

I kind of noticed yesterday that their O-line was rarely on their heels.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought I saw the same thing.

Our "pass rush" no longer strikes any fear in our opponents.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's pretty easy for a guy Ray Rice's size to stand up a LB. It's all about having a strong/low center of gravity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some people don't understand leverage

Starter

User Info Menu

This is the NFL. No one is going to win on every single play, every single time. Did you not see the sack that Woodley had earlier in the game? When he was one on one with Rice? It doesn't mean Rice stinks in pass protection, it means Woodley beat him on a play. It happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

No one needs to understand leverage to understand our pass rush is abysmal. A total failure in 2013. My toddler understands how embarrassing it is this year. The Steelers are ranked 31st in sacks, with the win-less Giants the only team with less.

Legend

User Info Menu

As bad as our pass rush has been this season, I thought that Woodley had a pretty good game. Only one sack, but quite a few pressures that had Flacco running around and throwing the ball away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No one needs to understand leverage to understand our pass rush is abysmal. A total failure in 2013. My toddler understands how embarrassing it is this year. The Steelers are ranked 31st in sacks, with the win-less Giants the only team with less.
    Teams are taking the quick drop dink and dunk stuff. Hard to get a pass rush on a quick hitter. It's what Hailey has tried to do with Ben due to our crap o-line

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    This is the NFL. No one is going to win on every single play, every single time. Did you not see the sack that Woodley had earlier in the game? When he was one on one with Rice? It doesn't mean Rice stinks in pass protection, it means Woodley beat him on a play. It happens.
    QFT (ten characters)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Teams are taking the quick drop dink and dunk stuff. Hard to get a pass rush on a quick hitter. It's what Hailey has tried to do with Ben due to our crap o-line
    Both Robert Mathis (Colts) and Mario Willimams (Bills) each personally have more sacks than the entire Steelers Defense. You can say dink and dunk but the pass rush sucks balls.