Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Pass Rush and Cushion

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,960
    We all KNEW the Ravens would go down and score to tie it up. It's been happening for the last FIVE years. This 4th Q defense cannot hold a lead.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    We all KNEW the Ravens would go down and score to tie it up. It's been happening for the last FIVE years. This 4th Q defense cannot hold a lead.
    Remember that we didn't have JJ in the game though. I think he would have provided a fresh body to get more pressure through the full game.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Dinking and dunking is not as easy as it looks. Being to aggressive by jumping pass routes is an easy way to give up a quick 6 points. Offenses will eventually take advantage of over aggressiveness. Remember Chad Scott?

    I believe that it's difficult to maintain TD scoring drives consistently without the aid of big plays. The Steelers coaches know it and choose to teach and preach that defensive philosophy to their defensive players.
    You say that like it's been working for the Steelers recently. It hasn't. Offenses have been taking advantage of the defense's timidness. Remember the 2nd & 14 on the Ravens game-tying drive? Ike just stood there and watched the Ravens WR catch that ball for a first down. It's scared football.

    The Steelers can either die a slow death by playing scared, or give themselves a chance by taking some risks.

  4. #14
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50
    I don't care how many sacks we get, how many ints we get as long as we WIN the game. Stats are for losers, who can twist them any way you want. Brady and PManning have only won ONE SB combined in the last 10 years while Ben has WON 2. Statiscally those guys pile up the stats, while winning the SB is what really counts and we have more than anyone else which does not make us PERFECT every game we play. Just play to WIN THE GAME. I don't care if its pretty just as long as we win consistently.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    I don't care how many sacks we get, how many ints we get as long as we WIN the game. Stats are for losers, who can twist them any way you want. Brady and PManning have only won ONE SB combined in the last 10 years while Ben has WON 2. Statiscally those guys pile up the stats, while winning the SB is what really counts and we have more than anyone else which does not make us PERFECT every game we play. Just play to WIN THE GAME. I don't care if its pretty just as long as we win consistently.
    "Number 1 ranked defense in yards-allowed!"

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    You say that like it's been working for the Steelers recently. It hasn't. Offenses have been taking advantage of the defense's timidness. Remember the 2nd & 14 on the Ravens game-tying drive? Ike just stood there and watched the Ravens WR catch that ball for a first down. It's scared football.

    The Steelers can either die a slow death by playing scared, or give themselves a chance by taking some risks.
    2012=5th in scoring Defense
    2011=1st " "
    2010=2nd " " "
    2009=11th " " "
    2008=2nd " " "

    yea, it hasn't been working for some time now..... please find another soapbox to climb on....

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post

    The Steelers can either die a slow death by playing scared, or give themselves a chance by taking some risks.
    What???? WE DID NOT DIE AT ALL we WON.

    If that is your idea of "slow death" may we "die slowly" EVERY WEEK.

  8. #18
    The defense played so scared that they gave up 16 whole points!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •