Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WildCat ....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am all for 'trick' plays. However, the wildcat to me is nothing that is tricky and for the most part just wastes downs. It was a fad that some teams used a few years ago, and I never liked it. Not in the nfl. Again, its my opinion. But now you hardly ever see it in the NFL anymore. I wonder why.

I also disagree with your comment about we are not good enough to line up and beat someone. We did yesterday. Team had well over 130 yds rushing. Not too bad.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    A lot of that has to do with the RZ woes. Normally, I wouldn't sweat it much because the Ravens were tied for #1 in the NFL in RZ D coming in. The problem is that this has been a problem against everybody. It's a good thing Sushi has been so reliable.
    The Steelers are 31st in the league in red zone TD scoring percentage. They were 12th in the NFL last season. Ben's best season was under Whiz when they were 7th, scoring red zone TDs almost 2 out of every 3 attempts in 2005. It's been a slow decline since.

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked how the Steelers pulled out the wildcat to throw in a couple wrinkles. It wouldn't be something that will become a significant part of the O.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    In order to have a blowout the defense would have to allow negative points. Our offense is offensive with an average around 17ppg
    Funny stuff. Fire LeBeau...he couldn't hold the other team to minus 7!

After a miserable September, we've started out October by stringing together a couple of wins, but people are complaining that they weren't BLOWOUT WINS!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    In order to have a blowout the defense would have to allow negative points. Our offense is offensive with an average around 17ppg
    Funny stuff. Fire LeBeau...he couldn't hold the other team to minus 7!

After a miserable September, we've actually managed to come out of the bye and start out October by stringing together a couple of wins, but people are complaining that they weren't BLOWOUT WINS!!! Wow...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Apparently BB didn't like the Mildcat... [url]http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/roethlisberger-its-mildcat?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo[/url]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    He went once at least I remember to Moye ... would have been a thing of beauty except for the unforced drop. Arrgh!

TBH, I don't remember how long the pass was, I just remember the ending ...
    By, "I would have liked to see Ben go deep.", I THINK he jokingly meant that he would've liked to have seen Ben go deep as a RECEIVER !

I liked that they threw the wildcat into the mix as a suprise. But I agree with Big Ben that we shouldn't do it often. Ok on occassion to keep the defense guessing but it also wastes an opportunity for Ben to do something. Now that teams have seen it, it won't be such a suprise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    By, "I would have liked to see Ben go deep.", I THINK he jokingly meant that he would've liked to have seen Ben go deep as a RECEIVER !

I liked that they threw the wildcat into the mix as a suprise. But I agree with Big Ben that we shouldn't do it often. Ok on occassion to keep the defense guessing but it also wastes an opportunity for Ben to do something. Now that teams have seen it, it won't be such a suprise.
    nah... it's a nice wrinkle IMO. I' not a fan of it but Bell is the perfect RB for the Wildcat..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I liked how the Steelers pulled out the wildcat to throw in a couple wrinkles. It wouldn't be something that will become a significant part of the O.
    That's what I'm saying. The Wildcat isn't going to revolutionize our O, or even give us huge plays. It is a wrinkle... and it is a sign that the coaching staff is adopting a win-by-any-means mentality, which I like.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    That's what I'm saying. The Wildcat isn't going to revolutionize our O, or even give us huge plays. It is a wrinkle... and it is a sign that the coaching staff is adopting a win-by-any-means mentality, which I like.
    ..and all the D's are trying to stop the read option these days...