Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben was Ben Again

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben was Ben Again

Great and frustrating at the same time. Tacking sacks when there were easy dump-offs to the RBs, eyes always downfield for the big play.

....pretty much have learned to live with his style, although it seemed Haley reigned in him for most of the game and Ben complied.

Legend

User Info Menu

Finally a game winning drive. It was great to see vintage Ben again!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Finally a game winning drive. It was great to see vintage Ben again!
    +1

Throw to Moye was perfect. Unfortunately he could not hold on to it.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    +1

Throw to Moye was perfect. Unfortunately he could not hold on to it.
    It's crazy to see the harder catch that he actually made. This one seemed so much easier in comparison- you know the kid wanted that one back.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know, I get the feeling that it was more than Ben complied with what he was told to do ... I kind of got the feeling (completely unjustifiably, I know, it's not like he called me up to confide) that Ben was saying ... "You know, winning is kind of nice ... and it's not like I can NEVER throw long ... this might be kind of OK after all ...".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    You know, I get the feeling that it was more than Ben complied with what he was told to do ... I kind of got the feeling (completely unjustifiably, I know, it's not like he called me up to confide) that Ben was saying ... "You know, winning is kind of nice ... and it's not like I can NEVER throw long ... this might be kind of OK after all ...".

That's odd, considering the Steelers are 10-12 since Haley has been OC and that most of the Steelers TDs on offense were from Ben doing it his way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    That's odd, considering the Steelers are 10-12 since Haley has been OC and that most of the Steelers TDs on offense were from Ben doing it his way.
    and I think that is because Ben refuses to do it Haley's way although Haley's way has shown some merit (see last year before Ben's injury). We even improved somewhat in the red zone during that time period but now we are back to Arian like production from the red zone.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    and I think that is because Ben refuses to do it Haley's way although Haley's way has shown some merit (see last year before Ben's injury). We even improved somewhat in the red zone during that time period but now we are back to Arian like production from the red zone.
    And I think that's because Ben has won two super bowls and has been to a third before Haley ever showed up. Haley's way only showed merit in the minds of delusional yinzers. The reason the offense looked respectable before Ben's injury last year is because he was playing at an MVP level on third and longs, generally because of poor play calling on the first two downs.

Ben has good reason to reject Haley's way, Haley is a moron and a puppet for Art II.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    And I think that's because Ben has won two super bowls and has been to a third before Haley ever showed up. Haley's way only showed merit in the minds of delusional yinzers. The reason the offense looked respectable before Ben's injury last year is because he was playing at an MVP level on third and longs, generally because of poor play calling on the first two downs.

Ben has good reason to reject Haley's way, Haley is a moron and a puppet for Art II.
    I have to correct you ... the STEELERS have won 2 SBs and been to a 3rd before Haley got there. Ben had a lot of 3rd and short before he got hurt last year ... just like he did yesterday. I'm not exactly a Haley fan but if Ben would give his system a chance it could work well for him. I'd like to find out.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's crazy to see the harder catch that he actually made. This one seemed so much easier in comparison- you know the kid wanted that one back.
    Hope we give him another chance because he seems to have potential. And with his size, he's at least a better decoy than Cotchery, Sanders, or Wheaton in the RZ.