Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WildCat ....

Backup

User Info Menu

I am not advocating that the wildcat become a mainstay in the repertoire, but don't Ben's comments lead nicely towards a setup at a critical point to load Ben inside of AB with Heath inside on one side. We could use AB on a medium slant to draw his cover corner plus the safety. Heath occupies the middle by just making himself visible to the D thus drawing attention. Ben's words basically said: a DB could try to exploit the situation and get into the backfield quickly seeing me as a non-threat. So, if the corner sells out, you hit Ben with open sideline on the outside a la that #7 from Denver.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben had a few things to say about the wildcat:
    I hear you don’t like the wildcat.
    [Laughs] It’s not that I don’t like it. If it helps us win, I’m all for it. I just told Coach, I get actually physically tired running out to wide receiver all the time.

Can they take a free shot at you out there?
    They can. I’m a little bigger than those defensive backs. I wouldn’t want them to try it. [Laughs]

Are you watching for that when you’re out there?
    No, last week I think it was so confusing – I know a couple times the defensive back over me didn’t know what to do, if he should cover me, if he should run in. So, I’ll be alert for it. If a guy comes up and he looks like he’s about ready to hit me, I’ll protect myself.

When was the last time you caught a pass?
    I don’t know. It’s been awhile, but I’m ready.

They once threw a pass out of that formation to Neil O’Donnell.
    They need to throw it to me, but closer to the end zone so I don’t have to run very far. [Laughs]

You can read the rest here- [URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Inside-the-Locker-Room-Ben-Roethlisberger/d29e5960-4dad-4dae-abf0-3ee822930c0c[/URL]