Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

I love the way that he finished off some of his runs. He had that ability to "get small" and sneak through a small gap in order to finish off with a couple of extra yards on a run. There is a huge difference between a three yard run and a five yard run, and if you can grab those extra yards consistently then they will pay off big.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I love the way that he finished off some of his runs. He had that ability to "get small" and sneak through a small gap in order to finish off with a couple of extra yards on a run. There is a huge difference between a three yard run and a five yard run, and if you can grab those extra yards consistently then they will pay off big.
    That's what the coaches said that they liked about him when he was drafted- consistent 5 yards a pop. He's never going to break 'em big like Willie Parker used to. But sometimes the steady, consistent 4-5 yards a carry is better than a few big gains after being stacked at the line most of the time. The average might come out the same, but it's better for the team when you have consistency.

Poor FWP. I hope he has translated basically winning a SB for us into a comfortable rest of his life.

I wonder if Tomlin ever thinks he actually truly *did* run him until the wheels came off. I'd feel a little guilty having said that out loud after the way he went out.

Oh, but anyway, I was so friggin' happy watching Bell run. I was thinking how with the same personnel Redman and Dwyer would always get stopped behind the line it seems. Maybe the O line is better now, but watching Bell's incredible VISION AND PATIENCE I got to thinking this guy could be our meal ticket for many years.

Oh, how this season might have been different if he hadn't gotten hurt!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bell seems to squirt through the line like a wet bar of soap...

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Oh, how this season might have been different if he hadn't gotten hurt!
    this season isn't over yet... only 1 more team to catch in the division... they have a 2-game lead and we play 'em one more time... assuming we win that game, we basically need one more loss from them than what we have on the remainder of the season... this is quite doable...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    this season isn't over yet... only 1 more team to catch in the division... they have a 2-game lead and we play 'em one more time... assuming we win that game, we basically need one more loss from them than what we have on the remainder of the season... this is quite doable...
    YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Keep us on target Ville. Just follow Bellcow to the Big Rodeo!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

I'm a huge fan. He's got major PATIENCE followed by speed bursts!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I'm a huge fan. He's got major PATIENCE followed by speed bursts!
    His patience amazed me. It looked like he would stop in the hole at times and wait for something else to open and then shoot through it. I'm beginning to think we got someone special.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

His patience, understanding of blocking schemes, and vision are elite. Ben said he thought Bell was going to get his head knocked off just standing behind the OL. I don't know if I have ever seen a running back run quite like him.