Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie Gay

Legend

User Info Menu

Willie Gay

is having a heck of a game... and a solid season for that matter. Great off season pick up by the black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely. He got lucky on the under-thrown deep ball, but overall, he had a very good game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And he is a top shelf character guy, too. Good to see him having success.

Backup

User Info Menu

He has really being playing pretty solid all year...agree that this was a good pick up by the FO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Willie has been solid, Allen has been a disappointment but even he seems to be getting better as the weeks go on and he heals.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was vehemently against this signing. But I will man up and gladly recognize I was wrong. He has had a real solid start to the year and I am glad to see it. You really can't ask for much more, he has played well vs the run and the pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

We'd have been in trouble without Gay...nice to have him playing well back there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I pointed out his great play over a week ago and it continues to get better. Gay is a solid tackler and is big enough to play against the bigger WRs. If he struggles anywhere, it is with covering guys that are burners. Carnell Lake and his coaching brings out the best in these CBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I pointed out his great play over a week ago and it continues to get better. Gay is a solid tackler and is big enough to play against the bigger WRs. If he struggles anywhere, it is with covering guys that are burners. Carnell Lake and his coaching brings out the best in these CBs.

agreed. Kind of makes you wonder if the FO knew what they were doing when they decided to let Kennan Lewis walk...

Hmm, that makes for an interesting discussion.

Gay > Lewis?

Anybody care to comment?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    agreed. Kind of makes you wonder if the FO knew what they were doing when they decided to let Kennan Lewis walk...

Hmm, that makes for an interesting discussion.

Gay > Lewis?

Anybody care to comment?
    I don't think I'd let the euphoria of a solid season for Willie cloud what we have seen in the past, which is, he seems to be better suited as the nickle DB, IMO. Maintaining his current level of play against opponents #2 receivers and the occasional #1 remains to be seen. Here's to hoping that Willie can maintain his current level of play and that Cortez Allen gets his feet under him and improves as well.

Way to go to Willie!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount