Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy Whimper

Legend

User Info Menu

Then, this begs the question: How was Whimper not ready to step in and play a few weeks ago, if he's our best option at RT right now?

Something still seems very odd about the Steelers' tackle depth chart.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess we see why he was still on the roster. We all know Adam's & Gilbert's ceiling is a lot higher than Beachum & Whimper. The good thing about Beachum & Whimper's play is we know they have the ability to push Adams & Gilbert. That may be the best thing that came out of yesterdays showing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Then, this begs the question: How was Whimper not ready to step in and play a few weeks ago, if he's our best option at RT right now?

Something still seems very odd about the Steelers' tackle depth chart.

Pappy
    I hear ya, Pappy.

Whimper was certainly more than adequate against the Ravens. Why wasn't he prepared enough to step in against the Vikings when Adams was being abused.

Incidentally, Adams was on the field a good bit on Sunday, and didn't seem to cause any major catastrophe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I hear ya, Pappy.

Whimper was certainly more than adequate against the Ravens. Why wasn't he prepared enough to step in against the Vikings when Adams was being abused.

Incidentally, Adams was on the field a good bit on Sunday, and didn't seem to cause any major catastrophe.
    Could be any number of reasons. Not enough reps. Slight injury. Crappy last name. Any of those things.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Beachum > Adams at LT
    Whimper > Gilbert at RT

Why did it take our coaches until the 6th game of the season to figure this out?
    I do wonder about our coaches talent evaluation. How long did it take them to start Cam Heyward?
    Trolls are people too.