Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mike Who?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think people respect AB.... I just wish they respected our running game and our OL earlier this year...

Now that Bell is getting touches I think we will see this O continue to improve.

Brown dropped a TD but be honest... it was shocking to see because he doesnt drop passes like Wallace did when he was here. AB leads the league in a few stats.. pretty sure he is feared by defenses.
    Brown and Wallace are virtually tied in drop % this season; AB 1 drop in 60 targets, MW 1 drop in 54 targets... according to at least one website...

Last season AB dropped 4% of targets, MW 5%.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    exactly

tough to keep replacing productive receivers (plax, tone, wallace) who leave for virtually nothing and expect the offense to perform at a high level.

and like you said, trying to then replace them takes away a pick at another position of need
    I don't see the point? Mike Wallace has been adequately accounted for with Wheaton and a comp pick next year. I predict ABs career will be much longer and more productive than MWs.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Brown and Wallace are virtually tied in drop % this season; AB 1 drop in 60 targets, MW 1 drop in 54 targets... according to at least one website...

WRT Wallace, the main issue was not that he dropped passes - although we always refer to his "drops". The main issue was that he would not make an effort on passes that were close enough to fight for. He wouldn't go after any ball that was not dropped perfectly and softly into his hands. His problem was more about no heart than no hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    WRT Wallace, the main issue was not that he dropped passes - although we always refer to his "drops". The main issue was that he would not make an effort on passes that were close enough to fight for. He wouldn't go after any ball that was not dropped perfectly and softly into his hands. His problem was more about no heart than no hands.
    [Snow White+7 dwarves+ 2 film crew = 10 characters (not G-rated either)]

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

MW has a boat load of drops this year. He has looked terrible at times missing passes when he is wide open. Now he has done that before and he only has to catch a few passes a game to get 80 yds but in the long run I'll bet AB turns out to be the better player. We land a solid player with that 3rd round comp pick and that will be the icing on the cake.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At the end of the day the only thing will matter will be the amount of rings they have. Wallace will have the edge as soon as Tom Brady & Ben have retired. Having said that, i'd rather have A.B. 8 days of the week!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!